Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 1 October 2015

Our Scarlet Letter Years 2016 SALs!!

It’s that time of year to start planning what to stitch NEXT year!
We will have a few different SALs to choose from….
Pick one, two or all three!   

SAL#1:   Member’s choice! 

We will be having a vote for our most popular pick!  
Any Scarlet Letter sampler of your choosing!!   Yes, ANY!! 


Please comment on this post with your choice to place your vote - one vote per person please!.  First round of Voting begins on Oct 1.  The top 30 choices will go on to a second round of Voting beginning on Oct 18 with a final tally made on November 1!  This will leave plenty of time to gather supplies and get ready!!  Perhaps take a browse through our gallery for inspiration or visit the Scarlet Letter website.


SAL#2:   Quaker Quick Change!

This stich-a-long will give members a chance to be a bit creative if they wish!  Two Quaker samplers to choose from:  
M.Quertier or 
Ann Grimshaw  (already a popular choice!).  


Either sampler is perfect to get a little creative with by picking a favorite thread color or linen.  So whether you are looking for a smaller or larger project one of these will surely fit the bill!  For more info on either sampler please click on the sampler name above.  





SAL#3:  Group Learning Project!

As the 2015 learning project was so popular and enjoyed by many, Nicola will be hosting a new learning project for 2016 – The Ann Lawle Sampler!   

This sampler features a variety of specialty stitches: tent, cross, French knots, double running, stem filling, Montenegrin cross and satin.  There will also be some pulled thread work to try too!  





We hope you will stitch-a-long with us in 2016!! 







22 comments:

charlotte2 said...

Ann lawle

Merry Wind Farm said...

I would like to nominate Mary Bailey.

Beth in IL said...

I would love to start a Scarlet Letter. Would it be "bad" if I used an over dyed for the Quaker Sampler?

Nicola said...

And overdyed thread will creste a beautiful effect Beth. I will enjoy following your progress.

Koala said...

HANNA KATERINA, A German sampler dated 1734 :-)

Theresa said...

I have Ann Lawle and will be thrilled to join that SAL, and for the "any choice"
I nominate Susan Dunn : )
(I hope you guys know how *hard* it was to only pick ONE!
I had to really narrow it down... from many, to three, then to 1!
Now I need to go have a big piece of chocolate cake to compensate : )

Krista said...

So many great choices already! Yay! Beth... Using an overdyed thread gives a beautiful effect. Here is the link to Ann Grimshaw in our gallery and you will a gorgeous one done in blue/grey. Stunning! I would like to do something similar just can't decide on what color! http://scarletletteryeargallery.blogspot.com/2013/04/ann-grimshaw.html

Diana said...

Anne Lawle too

Kathleen Johnson said...

Mary Hammand

Reconstructed Fabulousness said...

Would love the choice to be Ann Lawle...I started mine a while ago and got up to the people...stalled on the flowers around them so a SAL would sure assist me into picking her up again. Rae.

Krista said...

Rae.... Ann Lawle is a definite SAL. It will be the learning project. I am sure you will be inspired to pull her back out again! :)

zenuwpees said...

I love de sampler Ann Lawle hugs Marie-Claire

Ali said...

Oooh I am tempted by all three is that really bad? I already have Ann Grimshaw in my stash and would love to join in with Ann Lawle and for any choice I would like to nominate Sarah Dutnel as this has been in my stash for a while but would love some company to stitch this one. Ali

Anonymous said...

Me gustan los tres. Ann Lawle, es un desafío!

Ana Julia said...

Ann Lawle, es muy original. Sería un desafío. Demasiado complicado para comenzar?

Kim Hummel said...

I vote for Ann Lawle. I have had this is my stash for way too many years without starting.

sara wilson said...

I nominate Joanna Warren for SAL 1

Mimi said...

Would love to stitch the Quaker piece

EvalinaMaria said...

I would love to work on Ann Kirby.

Carol said...

I nominate Grace Catlin

Cyndi Foore said...

Oh, there are so many I want to stitch, but I think I'll nominate Ann Smith.

Krista said...

**** 1ST ROUND VOTING IS CLOSED! Please now refer to the newer post to cast your final vote for the Member's Choice SAL!