Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

An apology


Dearest all,

I am so sorry for my absence but during this sad time but  I don't feel that I can sit and stitch, it almost seems disrespectful and my concentration level is zilch.



Once the funeral is over I will find great solace with my needle and plan to stitch a memorial sampler for my beloved Father. Possibly Martha Allis.




Marsha  has been very busy reproducing her for everyone to enjoy and I am so pleased to share with you another sampler from my collection.



Another two antiques have arrived at Trewoon -  an early 16th century stumpwork which fills me with awe everytime I look at it. It is a wonderful auction find.


The last photo is a sweet silkwork. It is so pretty.



I will be back with Mary Hurst the weekend proceeding May 14th. I am so sorry if anyone has been held up waiting for my next set of notes.

10 comments:

Beth in IL said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think I speak for us all when I say no apology necessary.

This is such a difficult time for you and your family, so much to do while you are all still in shock and mourning.

Stitching will always be there for you and I am sure you will find a great deal of solace in making a special piece like Martha for your father's memorial.

Theresa said...

My goodness if anyone has reason to take a break... with a loss like that... it's you, Nicola.
Very sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers.
Mary Hurst has been looking beautiful and you are so close to a finish, when you are ready to pick her up again, she will be exquisite as all your samplers have been : )

samplerlover said...

Yes, Jo is so right. You don't have to apologise to us? Just know that we are thinking of you and your family and sending heaps of love.

I have always found that stitching has always helped me get through some of the tough things that have happened in my life. Stitching a beautiful piece such as Martha at this time will make her even more special.

Nupur said...

just read this during a break at a conference.

So sorry to hear this...our sincerest condolences to you and your siblings and family....always remember the good times you shared.

In time, I know that needlework will be one way to heal

Jenny said...

Dearest Nicola,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Like Jo said there is absolutely no apology needed. You and your family need to take the time that is needed and we will all be here for you, thinking of you and praying for you. The comfort that stitching brings will come and stitching a memorial piece will be a wonderful tribute to your Father. In the meantime I am sending hugs and love across the pond.

Erica near Chicago said...

Nicola, My condolences to you and your family. May your memories help you find peace. You have a gift for personalizing your needlework. I'm sure your memorial piece will be splendid remembrance. Take time to heal. You'll know when it is time to take up your needle again.

Mereknits said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need, but remember stitching can bring you peace, too.
Meredith

Dee said...

I am so sorry for the passing of your father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Heritage Hall said...

Nicola dear ~
Was not aware of your great loss and my prayers and condolences go
to you and your Family at this time. The Memorial Psalm piece
will be a poignant and lasting
tribute to your Father, as only
you can stitch it. You are surrounded by the love of your
needlework sisters in the hope
healing will gently come to you.