Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 26 March 2015

March Progress on Elizabeth Shephard


I spent last weekend working on Elizabeth Shephard and completed the top right hand brown motif with its diagonal border.  I also did a fair bit of the Two Birds motif.

Quakers are so addictive, you want to keep going until you finish another motif!  It really is inspirational.

March is also Elizabeth's month: she was the solution to the St. Patrick's Day competition and we also have a lovely new finish of her by another Elizabeth from the FB group.  She has personalised the design so it looks more balanced in the frame she had.  She notes that it throws the symmetry out but as we al know the original Elizabeth was not overly obsessed with symmetry!

You can see all the versions of Elizabeth Shephard on the Gallery blog:

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh it is looking so beautiful. I wished I had ordered and started this SAL with everyone. However, I have SO MUCH that I want to get stitched this year that I just didn't think I should take on one more big project. But I will live vicariously through yours!!

ana julia maleta marin said...

quaker nice!!!
Congratulations!

Theresa said...

I love this sampler : )

Krista said...

Wonderful progress, Jo!