Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

A post for Barbara G. EH is Finished.



“EH is done almost entirely in double running stitch.  There are a few eyelets and I changed the trellis stitch portions to satin because I liked the effect.  I think it gives a more solid look to the piece.  I tried the trellis but in some of the teeny  tiny areas it  just didn’t look right.  I usually don’t change anything on a reproduction but I felt this was needed here .  


I ran out of thread and I am  not sure if it was because of the switch to satin or not so if anyone is doing this sampler make sure  you have extra thread available.  The bands were not charted across the whole width and I had to do some redrawing and calculating to make them work – another thing to be aware of.  I am really pleased with this piece and even though it has only 4 colors I believe it works really well.”


 


6 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

What wonderful colors and such detailed pictures. Absolutely amazing. Congratulations.

Aileen said...

Wow! What an exquisite and beautiful work of art.

Congratulations and salutations-your work is incredible and the pictures of it so inspiring!

Jenny said...

This is an absolutely incredible work of art! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Heritage Hall said...

Stunning, Barbara. Wise choice on
the satin stiches. Your work is
outstanding. Brava!

Bethany said...

Lovely stitching. Your satin stitches are amazing. This sampler with only a few colors, really is eye catching.

Serena B said...

Gorgeous stitching,Congratulations on your beautiful finish!