Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 9 February 2015

Confessions and an Update


Good Evening!

How is everyone?  I live in Eastern PA and today it was warm enough that my husband grilled dinner for us.  Tomorrow – who knows?  Another storm is forecast…some say just rain…others say snow and sleet.  I think I am ready for Spring.

So on to the confessions.  I have come to realize that I am not very good at working on more than one sampler.  I have neglected Mary Hurst for the last few weeks and, instead have concentrated on Dona Dorothea.  Unfortunately, there is not all that much to show.  I’ve been finding it hard to find time to stitch since returning to work.  I miss being at home!  I miss my afternoon naps!  I miss my own time.  Oh well, it is not yet my time to retire…but hopefully soon.

My other confession is that I’m not that great at FB,  I love the fact that so many can comment and participate.  I hate trying to keep up with it all (especially since my days are no longer my own).  I only joined FB to be a part of the group…and now I have “friends” and I just cannot keep up!  I confess that I miss people posting on the blog.  How do you all keep up with ALL the discussions/comments/pictures on FB?

Anyhoo, enough confessions for one night.  Here are two pictures of Dona Dorothea.  An overall shot and a close up of one of the floral segments and a portion of the sawtooth line – so pretty.  I am coming into the bottom fourth of this sampler and really am enjoying every stitch.  Dona is a beauty for sure.



Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a perfect week ahead.  If you are in the path of a storm – stay safe and warm.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Vera, such beautiful stitching...it will be lovely when you are done and I can't wait to see it. I, like you, am new to FB and find it a bit overwhelming, but maybe I shouldn't have joined 10 groups! LOL I was just thinking this morning that I miss all of the entries on this blog. Thank you for your post!

Aileen said...

Vera this is looking so lovely...It's a really gorgeous sampler-your work is inspiring me to purchase ...again! (I have a birthday coming up-Whoohoo!).

Well done and thank-you for the photos.
Aileen

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Dona Dorothea is looking lovely. There is so much detail in each part.
I am glands only work two days a week, more time for stitching!
I don't keep up with everything on FB to be honest, just the latest posts. You could spend all day there otherwise!

Margaret said...

Beautiful beautiful! I'm not good at the working on a sampler on one particular day type thing either. And work would definitely put a damper on my activities too! I'm on Facebook, but I never go on Facebook. lol! Thus, I don't look at the SL group on Facebook either. Love your Dona Dorothea -- so gorgeous!

~mj~ said...

Beautiful sampler!! As for FB, if I have commented on a post and am not going to read every comment after that I stop notifications for that post. I also tend to skip a lot of the joke postings...but I agree, it is hard to keep up with it all sometimes. xo mj