Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 16 November 2014

Margaret Reynolds

I have been working on Margaret Reynolds. Today I have added my lovely OH's initials and my initials to the centre part and put my name at the bottom. I decided to add my middle name 'McCrindle'. It is a Scottish tradition to have a surname as your middle name. I was named after my gran whose maiden name was Elizabeth McCrindle - I have three cousins with the same name!


5 comments:

Bethany said...

What a lovely tribute to your family. A beautiful sampler as well.

Nicola Parkman said...

Elizabeth - I have so much admiration for how you have embraced samplers and how quickly you learn.

This is a beautiful sampler and a precious one.

I am glad to see you using your strawberry.

Jenny said...

Your sampler is just lovely Elizabeth! I love how you have personalized it and I really love the Scottish surname! Another treasure!

Carmen Sutton said...

Very lovely sampler I need to look tis one up!

Elizabeth said...

Nicola - my lovely strawberry has transformed my stitching. I now thread several needles with the threads I need to complete an area. I just love it x