Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 23 November 2014

Dona Dorothea - top half done!!


Hi Everyone,

Where has the Fall gone?  It sped by me it feels like overnight.  I finally managed to finish the top half of Dona Dorothea.  The ground seemed to take forever…and the little motif on the far right over one (my husband calls it a Genie Lamp) was a bear to stitch on 38 count fabric.  My eyes are not what they used to be.

Here’s an overall shot and a close up of the “lamp.”



Sorry the lamp is a little blurry.  It's not the best day for photographing and I am not the best photographer!  I hope to start on the next section this afternoon.

Reading the blog and the Facebook page, so much happened while I was in CA.  I’m seriously considering joining those who will start stitching Mary Hurst in the New Year.  It would be fun to have some specialty stitches to do along with the cross stitch.  On the other hand, I have so many charts in my stash…then there will be the Facebook SAL…plus all the other things I would like to do.

Meanwhile, Thanksgiving is this Thursday!  Yikes!  We have been planning to drive out to Pittsburgh to see our son, his girlfriend and my brother and SIL.  Now some things have come up and we won’t know until Monday afternoon if we can go out or not…keep fingers crossed for us – we haven’t seen our son in too long. 

Hope everyone in the US has a fabulous holiday…and here’s hoping the snow is not too bad where you are.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Donna is coming along nicely. It looks like you'll be finished before the year end, if the holidays don't cut into your stitching time. It is a perfect time to stitch Mary, you will have so much encouragement and help along the way. We all have things in our stashes, but then something comes along and changes our minds. That what life places in our laps, "The Best Stitching Group"....... EVER.

Nicola Parkman said...

Yes - Dons is coming on nicely. The checkered stag makes my smile everytime I see him.

Oh - those over ones do not get any easier.

I hope you get time to spend wth your family, they are the most important times.

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness, this is just wonderful! I love that genie lamp! I need to get back to my Dona Dorothea. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you can make it to Pittsburgh. I know you want to see your son.

Elizabeth said...

This is looking so lovely. I love the little lamp - it was worth the over one stitches.

Serena B said...

Very lovely,Dona Dorthea is coming along nicely. Enjoy your holiday!