Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 16 November 2014

A SAL for the less experienced.

I wondered if anyone would like to join in a SAL for the less experienced needleworker like myself? I think it would be great fun to be in a SAL but I am nowhere near being able to do the beautiful Mary Hurst. I would like to stitch Mary Ann Mitchell as I would like to personalise it with the poem
by Leo Marks. I am sure though that folks have other suggestions that would be good too and I am more than happy to join in with others. What do you  think?

The Life That I Have
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours 
The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours. 
A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours.
http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/michell.php

3 comments:

Nicola said...

I have wanted to stitch this sampler for ages and was going to adpat it for "Our House Rules" but I do love this poem so much since you shared ti with me.

I have the chart and would love to start it in the New Year.

We will have to extend the border to fit the poem in but it will work very well

Nupur said...

Elizabeth
This is a charming sampler and I like the poem you have picked. Enjoy stitching this....don't worry about more 'advanced' samplers...it is all abut the 'journey' and enjoying our time with needle and thread.

Mary Banks said...

I would love to join in this sal. Great idea to stitch an "easier " sampler.