I hope everyone has now visited the Facebook Group, it is good a good place to meet new stitching buddies and bumping into old ones too.
It is so nice to see such a broad range of stitchers there from members discovering samplers and The Scarlet Letter for the first time to those who already have many stitched pieces hanging on their walls.
Besides sharing an interest in the designs of Marsha Parker and The Scarlet Letter the new Facebook group is a place to learn about and to share our love and knowledge of needlework and antique samplers.
Somewhere to come when you need help with a stitch, a piece of equipment, fabric choice or just to spend some social time.
You will find it much easier to "chat" and post. It is so much more interactive than blogger allows.
There will never be a stupid question in the group and don't be afraid to post and share.
We now have two SAL's planned for the New Year - the 2015 SAL for a small sampler which is currently being voted for and the Mary Hurst SAL. Everyone is welcome to join in with one or both.
This weekend we zoomed past 1000 Facebook members and to celebrate we have a very special giveaway - have you guessed what it can be. The clue is in the heading.
We are so lucky to have a Millennium Frame to giveaway for the our members courtesy of Needle Needs which is a small family run business, specialising in handcrafting beautiful, bespoke, heirloom products that totally transform the stitching experience.
I am a huge fan of their quality products and would be quite lost without my frame and stands.
Please visit their website needleneeds.co.uk to learn more about their products.
This is a very generous prize and the waiting list for the frames is long as demand far exceeds supply.
If you would like to be entered the rules are (hopefully) straightforward :-
1. You need to be a member of Our Scarlet Letter Years
2. You need to have told another stitcher or stitchers about the Facebook Group and the giveaway.
3. Comment on the Facebook post about the giveaway - stating how you passed on the news - own facebook page, blog, facebook group, guild, craft class,needework store etc.,
4. Introduce a stitcher to the Facebook Group leaving a comment with that stitcher's name. Every stitcher introduced will entitle you to another entry.
5. A name will be drawn by a random number generator on December 31st.
6. The giveaway is for worldwide shipping with despatch by me on the first working day of the New Year.
If you need some help accessing the Facebook Group please see my earlier post