Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Whoopie! The Knox Family Sampler is finished!

Here she is in all her glory:

The Knox Family Sampler - 36ct linen using DMC
Here is another shot:

(Click on image to see detail)

It is hard to see the detail in these photos. There is a variety of stitches used here, long-legged cross stitch, backstitch, zig-zags, and wheatear stitch. The grass is done in a satin stitch. The lettering at the bottom are similar to the top, and are stitched one-over-one. My favorite part is the illuminated letters.

The chart states that it is an "ambitious sampler". I would definitely agree with that! I am very glad that it is finally finished!

10 comments:

Vera said...

Congratulations on a fabulous finish. Beautiful stitching!! What's next for you?

Nicola said...

STUNNING !!! You must be so pleased Erica. Have you decided on a frame ?

Bethany said...

This is one of the first samplers I purchased from SL, many years ago. After seeing yours, I really should bring it to life. You did a wonderful job with stitching this. Isn't it a lot of fun doing all the different stitches.
Congratulations, will be looking forward to seeing it framed.

llknbillburg said...

Such a beautiful finish! I'm not sure how this one eluded my stash!! Laura

Lydia Stevenson said...

Congratulations on your finish. It's a lovely sampler.

Debbie Bauer said...

Beautiful! I wasn't aware before now that there was such a variety of stitches.

JoAnn said...

I didn't know Bethany had the pattern for the Knox family or I probably would have wormed it away from her. I know I would have after seeing your beautiful stitching, but alas, now she wants to stitch it.

Jenny said...

What an absolutely beautiful sampler! It is so much fun to see these samplers come to life! Congratulations on a stunning finish!

Serena B said...

Congratulations on your fantastic finish,your sampler is so beautiful!

zenuwpees said...

I love the sampler he is beautiful congreatulation hugs Marie-Claire