Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 15 September 2014

Mary Lawson - a new start

Hello everyone!

It has been very long time since my last post although I check on whats new rather regularly. I have been thinking about starting a new Scarlet Letter sampler since I finished Ann Wimp, but simply didn't get there. Too many other on-going projects and some temporary lack of inspiration. Anyway, finally I am ready for a new start and that will be Mary Lawson. I love Scottish samplers and Adam & Eve, so this seemed to be a perfect choice.
I will use cotton threads - DMC and some hand-dyed threads for those colors that will have close match.
My choice of fabric may seem a bit strange. I will use the back side of Zweigart Newcastle Vintage Country Mocha. Somehow I didn't like the printed side of this fabric, colors are good, but the print is too regular and looks unnatural. But the color of the uniform back side is pleasant and I think it will go well with colors of the threads.
I am just at the beginning, so there is very little to see. But I am excited and looking forward to do the counted satin border.
Hopefully I will be back soon with some more pictures :)

Happy Stitching!
Inguna



8 comments:

Bethany said...

Love your choice in linen and matching with hand dyed threads. I can't wait to see more of this come together.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola said...

I am so excited to see Mary being stitched Inguna, thank you for sharing your start and we will all be looking forward to seeing her grow.

Vera said...

Looking so pretty Inguna - beautiful start!

Jenny said...

I have always loved this sampler and I am so happy to see you starting her. It will be so much fun to watch your progress! Great stitching so far....the border looks lovely.

Aileen said...

I love it that you're using the back of the fabric Inguna. It looks beautiful and the colour combination is already fabulous... creative choices which will make this lovely sampler all your own.

Enjoy!

Krista said...

Wonderful new start, Inguna! I don't recall ever seeing this sampler before.

Serena B said...

What a beautiful start,it is sure to be another sampler on our wish lists,enjoy your journey Inguna!