Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Dona Dorothea - Another Update


Hi Everyone,

Wow!  Another day or so and Fall will be here.  Hard to believe, but our weather has felt like Fall.  Cool mornings and evenings.  It has been beautiful.

I have managed to construct another building in the Dona Dorothea sampler…a red barn.  And, added a dog as well.  A few more things to fill in (another dog, another stag) and then it will be on to the lower rows that are so, so pretty.

Not sure how quickly that will happen though.  I’m heading to FL on Tuesday for work and Dona is just too large to take along.  Instead I’m going to take two smalls I can start (if I can find the time) – both recent market releases and cute fall patterns.  But with full day meetings and evening dinners, I’m not sure I will find the time or energy to pick up a needle.  Luckily I’ve booked a massage for Tuesday afternoon – yay!!

Here are pictures of where Dona stands at the moment.  First an overall shot and then close-ups of the barn and dog (strange looking dog I think).  It looks like the checkerboard stag is stepping on that poor dog!




Hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Vera, Your sampler is coming along nicely. I love all the different things that are going on in the sampler. Can't wait to see more.

Margaret said...

She is looking wonderful! I do love this sampler. Maybe seeing your WIP will get me back to mine. Safe travels to FL!

Winderwoodfarm said...

Love that checkerboard stag! very nice stitching, cannot wait to see the next rows, enjoy! bob

sallyfr said...

Love reading about your progress.

zenuwpees said...

Wow beautiful embroidery i love the colors hugs Marie-Claire