Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Update on The Knox Family Sampler

Although I have been working on The Knox Family Sampler exclusively, I don't feel like I have made good progress. I think this is the longest it has ever taken for me to complete a sampler.

I finally finished the large letters. The filigree work took quite a while.



Between stitching the letters, I tried to extend the borders a bit. Next, I started on the houses. The first house was brick. There is a straight stitch around each brick which did slow things down.



The next house was smaller and pink. The stitching was quicker on this one.


Then I started on the first tree. I am currently filling in the foliage on this one. The stitch used is a wheat-ear stitch.


This is where I left off. It  Here is a photo of the whole sampler where I left off.


It does seem as if this one has taken a very long time, but I am hoping to finish it up soon now.


10 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! That is one awesome sampler. Not a big fan of big, but. . . stitchers use what fibers they have and like.

Jenny said...

Erica, Your sampler is just amazing! Seeing it stitched up close has given me a whole new perspective on it. I love it and I know I will be stitching this sometime in the future! Thanks for sharing!

Rhonda said...

I have stitched this and it is one of my favorites:)

llknbillburg said...

Such a beautiful sampler and great progress even if it doesn't seem like it right now. You will have a lovely finish very soon, just keep plugging away!! Laura

Bethany said...

I have had this sampler, since I first started reproducing and have yet to pick this one to stitch. I love the look of old, what linen did you choose to stitch this on. Looks like you'll finish very soon.

Vera said...

Very, very pretty. I imagine that brick house did take a lot of time...but so worth it. Won't be long now till you have a finish!

Heritage Hall said...

Bless your heart - can see where that alphabet would consume a good deal of time, but the overall
effect of your sampler is superb..
Patience and you will have a personal, hard-won favorite to add
to your completed collection; a fine reward for your perseverance.

Mary said...

Lovely! This is always one of my favorites,

donnacrafts said...

oh my, this sampler is so beautiful. You did a wonderful job on it. You will finish it soon and have a heirloom. Enjoy the process.

Nicola said...

You are creating a very beautiful sampler. The linen gives it such an authentic look. Thank you for sharing.