Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Post on Behalf of Julie Castle

My Scarlet Letter Almost Year

Every time I have taken a picture of M. Quertier with the intention of posting an update.  Something happens.
  • Computer dies
  • Computer is fried by electrical strike to our travel trailer
  • We rescued what turned out to be a Lhasa Apso from a frozen shoulder of the road
  • Jeff gets one kidney stone after another, requiring surgery
  • I have a PTSD episode leading to months of increased depression
  • I’ve take a couple online classes that are rather time consuming
And then there is the fact that every time I take a picture it is that very night rendered irrelevant as I complete the current motif or start another.  That is the case today.  I finished the motif that appears to be in progress.  Then completed the carnation under it and am half-way through the top motif on the right edge.  So I can say honestly I am half done!
I love stitching this piece and don’t want it to end.  It is so relaxing and feels like a bit of “self-care” when I am stitching it.  Time seems to stop.  Even when I’m frogging, which I have done a few times.  On the other hand, I have been so inspired by all the work I have seen on this site that I want get to the next one—soon!  I thought I would do the Christmas sampler from last year, but there are so many on my wish list to choose from.  I am immersing myself in Christmas projects right now and the Christmas sample may just be “too much” Christmas for me, if you know what I mean!?

I’m wondering how many people have more than one Scarlet Letter in progress?  (But then do I really need to add one more to my rotation?!)

7 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Sometimes with all the "things" in our lives we just need to sit down for five minutes and breath.

Your sampler is lovely--I have had this sampler in my stash for years seeing yours makes me want to put fiber to linen

Jenny said...

I love Quaker samplers! Yours is just beautiful stitched in red. When life gets crazy, as it always does, it is such a blessing to find peace and relaxation in a piece of stitching. I am usually a one at a time sampler person, but with all the samplers that I want to stitch I think I am going to have to start a one day a week sampler as well as my regular one. I will see how that goes :) In the meantime, enjoy your time with M. Quertier. She is a beauty!

llknbillburg said...

Love your Quaker! I have it in the stash and hadn't considered doing it in another color, until now. As for more than one in the rotation, I say do what makes you happy! I have more than one in the rotation right now and although they don't get as much time as I would like,(I'm currently rotating 5 pieces) it is fun to pick up an old friend every now and again!! Laura

Bethany said...

I find that stitching is a great way to step away from all life has to throw at us. So, I for one, only have one sampler in my rotation. I stitch one sampler until it is finish, then start another. Maybe one day, I'll branch out.

Vera said...

Your Quaker sampler is so beautiful in red. Love it! Yes, life often (always) gets in the way of plans, but so nice to have a hobby we all find relaxing. I usually only stitch on one sampler at a time, but sometimes add a "small" in just to change things up or if I need a break. Also, I knit so that adds more projects to the basket! Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.

Julie said...

Great comments! Thank you so much! It means someone actually read what you wrote. That is not always the case in blogs

I have three year long SALs I'm working on currently, a HAED that gets one week a month, a canvas project in progress (with many in the wings), and a whole bunch of other embroidery projects that I started via the Facebook group "The Superstar Serial Starters and Divine Disciplined Divas Club." I'm kind of avoiding those people right now as I don't have room for any more starts! lol I have a bag full of finishes to do to--usually take them to the laundry or doctor's office with me.

I guess as long as they all get done, that is all that matters!

Nicola said...

This is stunning in your chosen colour.

Computers !!! - Can't love without them though :o))