Every time I have taken a picture of M. Quertier with the intention of posting an update. Something happens.
- Computer dies
- Computer is fried by electrical strike to our travel trailer
- We rescued what turned out to be a Lhasa Apso from a frozen shoulder of the road
- Jeff gets one kidney stone after another, requiring surgery
- I have a PTSD episode leading to months of increased depression
- I’ve take a couple online classes that are rather time consuming
And then there is the fact that every time I take a picture it is that very night rendered irrelevant as I complete the current motif or start another. That is the case today. I finished the motif that appears to be in progress. Then completed the carnation under it and am half-way through the top motif on the right edge. So I can say honestly I am half done!
I love stitching this piece and don’t want it to end. It is so relaxing and feels like a bit of “self-care” when I am stitching it. Time seems to stop. Even when I’m frogging, which I have done a few times. On the other hand, I have been so inspired by all the work I have seen on this site that I want get to the next one—soon! I thought I would do the Christmas sampler from last year, but there are so many on my wish list to choose from. I am immersing myself in Christmas projects right now and the Christmas sample may just be “too much” Christmas for me, if you know what I mean!?
I’m wondering how many people have more than one Scarlet Letter in progress? (But then do I really need to add one more to my rotation?!)