Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 15 August 2014

Hannah Carter and Manifesto

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say Thank you for all the kind comments... It was fun doing the interview and sharing with all of you.... Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to spend some time with me.

Time sure does fly when your having fun stitching... did not realize it has been so long since I posted here.... so what have I been up to.... My last post here was my finish of Ann Medd... She is at the framers as we speak... hope to get a call any day now that she is ready to come home...Since then I have had a few non-SL finished... Francis Poole and Isabella Fox.... I also stitched a sampler for my grandsons birth...ISL by Ute Scheer and adapted it to include is birthday, parents with their birthdays and wedding date, grandparents with all the same information.. love the way it turned out and it too is at the framers.  These have taken up my time from March till the end of July.

So now I am back to working on my SL projects....I am mainly concentrating on Hannah Carter but have also put some time in on Manifesto.. so here are my updates...
Both are being stitched on 28 ct Lugana over 1. with DMC ... They are such fun to stitch... gonna  be a long time till I see a finish of these two but enjoying every minute of my time with them. And Yes!.. I used the wrong color on the moth.. that green should be another shade of the red...I misread the symbol and used the color for the y rather than the Y.......but.....not frogging it.. I rather like it the way it is and ofcourse we all know the trials of frogging over 1...so green it shall stay.

Once again Thank you to Nicola and Krista for the interview and Thank you to each and every one of you for taking time out of you day and spending some time with me!!

Happy Stitching
Karen

8 comments:

Vera said...

Beautiful stitching Karen -- and gorgeous done over one. I agree with you, I would not frog over one either. Just think of it as your own personalization to the sampler!!

Lanie said...

Oh my, Karen! both projects are gorgeous! Love the colors on 'Hannah' ... she's in my to do basket, but she is gonna require a long term relationship so I need to finish a few other projects first! In the meantime I'll be waiting for your next progress post ... enjoy!

Krista said...

Wonderful progress on both samplers! Thanks again for sharing your story. I keep going back to see your stitching!

Scarlet Letter said...

You accomplish such quality work at such speed, I am in awe of you Karen. I love your starts on Manifesto and Carter. They look good enough to eat. (It's almost supper time here, can you tell?)

Bethany said...

Both pieces are wonderful, but your Hannah Carter, being so small, sure come across very bright and very detailed.

zenuwpees said...

I like your two embrodery's beautiful have a nice day Marie-Claire

Cindy L said...

Karen, I am in awe that you restarted Manifesto. Both samplers are so lovely. I also mixed up the "y" and "Y" on one of the charts and have to keep double checking when that symbol is used.

Nicola said...

It is always a joy to see your needlework Karen. Thank you for sharing both projects with us.