Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 7 July 2014

My New Start and a Finish-Finish


Hi Again Everyone,

 

This is my new start:  Dona Dorothea Gazano Y Garcia.  Love it!  The checkered stag has drawn me to this sampler from the get-go.  Now I just have a bunch of letters to do and then I can finally get to the animals.


A little wavy…I just threw it on the table to get a quick shot.  I am using DMC threads on 38 count Gander linen…one over two.

Also, I finished N. Hinde some months ago, but now it is finally finished-finished into a pin cushion.  I stitched this over one on 50 count.  The pin cushion measures approx. 2.5” by 2”.  It is tiny!!  And I love it.  I found red fabric with crowns on it in my fabric stash to use as backing.


 


Well, time to pay some bills and then settle in to watch Masterpiece Theatre.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Hopefully I’ll be putting more stitches into Dona Dorothea.

8 comments:

Krista said...

Great new start and Great finishing!! Love that fabric for the pin cushion, it is perfect!

Nicola said...

You will have so much fun with Dorothea, great choice of sampler.

The backing fabric for N Hinde is perfect for her.

Bethany said...

Enjoy your new sampler. Great idea, we all need pin cushions.

JoAnn said...

One over fifty! You are really a dedicated stitcher. Your pin cushion is beautiful and the fabric on the back is perfect. I know you will be enjoying stitching Dorothea. Looking fwd. to your updates.

Lanie said...

How can you not love that stag?!! :) This entire sampler is lovely. Hope you enjoy this one, Vera. I know you will do a wonderful job with her ... I look forward to following your progress.

Erica near Chicago said...

Over 1 on 50? Very impressive. Enjoy Dona Dorothea. There is so much going on in it.

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on your finish! Amazing over 1 on 50! I look forward to your progress on Dorothea.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Love your pin cushion and the Crown print.

I will enjoy watching your Dorothy come along.