Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 27 July 2014

Jesus Wept.....

I am SOOOOO GLAD that the chart Jesus Wept has been reprinted!  I saw it long ago and wanted to stitch it but it wasn't available. 

Now that it has been reprinted, The Attic was having it as their July Sampler of the Month.  I could not wait to get it!  I bought the chart, fabric and some Au Ver A Soie #1436 (dark blue) silk to stitch it in.  I was soooo excited about getting it started but after stitching "Shall I presume to ventur near", I didn't like the thickness of the silk on my 40ct Vintage Light Examplar fabric.  So when I went back to the Attic for Sampler Sunday there, I chose some Needlepoint Silk color 749 (a darker blue than I was using).  I liked it much better because it didn't seem as think on the fabric.  Everyone else thought I was nuts for ripping out what I already had stitched in but I just didn't like the look of it.

Here is where I have restitched it back in using the NPI color 749.

 
Yes......I am taking this along with me on our move so HOPEFULLY I will feel up to stitching on it late at night.  We'll see.  I wouldn't want to mess up and have to rip it out. 
 
Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

This is a beautiful sampler. You are really motivated to be moving and still want to stitch in the evening. Will be looking to see how much you get completed.

Theresa said...

How lovely this will be Brenda! I too couldn't resist and ordered it from Jean's Attic. Can't wait to get it!
And it's still summer, so for me that means more stitching time : )
keep posting, I can't wait to see how your sampler looks.

Cindy L said...

Brenda, it is exciting to stitch a sampler you've always wanted, I am so happy for you too.

zenuwpees said...

Beautiful sampler Marie-Claire

Nicola said...

You have to be comfortable with the thread you are using so I totally understand and respect your decision to re-start.

I am so envious that you are able to visit The Attic - a dream location for me.