Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

A Post for Marsha



Last night there was a terrible storm here and we lost power for seven hours.  Not to be deterred, I lit some candles, found a torch, and set to work on Eleanor Parr.  (Pardon my horribly messy desk...it didn't look such a mess in the dark.)  The camera flash illuminated everything, but it was indeed very dark. 



 The second photo shows some progress on Eleanor.  


The remaining photos show my main distraction this summer: very eagerly growing vegetable and flower gardens.



I've almost finished the birds across the top border and am moving on to the sides today.  The colors on the back side of this sampler are spectacular.  I hope to have it finished by September.​


5 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh my..... Now we know how the girls from many years ago had to stitch, we all should give this a try some time. We are so spoiled with magnifiers, lights and anything else we use to help with our stitching. Eleanor Parr, so it looks like she is almost ready to place on the market, any idea how long we are going to have to wait?
Marsha I just love your home and gardens. Thank you for sharing them with those of us who don't find the time to travel.

Bethany said...

Okay, I got so excited, I didn't see that you said, September. Sorry.......

Jenny said...

I fell in love with Eleanor Parr the very first time Nicola shared her with us...I cannot believe how far you have gotten in such a short time....as you continue to stitch Eleanor I need to buckle down and finish a sampler or two....I too have been busy in a vegetable garden :) Yours are absolutely amazing!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Everything looks lush and green at Smoke Ham Farm. Beautiful progress on sampler, not sure my eyes are good enough to stitch without good light

Krista said...

Glad you weathered the storm! The progress on Eleanor Parr looks amazing. Your garden and farm looks so lush and green!!