Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

A little more progress on Miss Cox


I have given into temptation and jumped down to the bottom section justifying to myself that I would infil the leaves on Wednesdays at my craft group.


Well today is Wednesday - did I do any infill - NO !! I could not draw myself away from this area. Unfortunately I have made a booboo with numbers (dyslexia is the bane of my life) and managed to stitch the bottom of the gazebo in the wrong colour. 

I am going to leave it in for now but may unpick and restitch if it looks wrong as the panel develops. I chose to change the colour of the little section of the dome from dark topaz to a slightly darker shade of green.


I am really enjoying Elizabeth, will she take Ann Medd's place as my all time favourite? 

10 comments:

Vera said...

Ahhhh, this is so pretty Nicola and your stitches are perfection! I love the variety of stitches in this and am enjoying seeing this one unfold. The Scarlet Letter samplers are all so wonderful that I always think the piece (or pieces) I am stitching on is (or are) my favorite(s)...then I start a new one and have that same feeling all over again - lol.

Carmen Sutton said...

lovely even with a different color i would leave it for sure!

zenuwpees said...

Ooooooooooo la broderie est magnifique bonne broderie Marie-Claire

Jenny said...

Beautifully done Nicola! I would not change a thing! It has always been so hard for me to pick a favorite sampler that I have stitched, they all hold such memories of the time, places and people in my life.

samplerlover said...

Hi Nicola, Miss Elizabeth is coming along nicely. Don't you love her :). Told you that you would love down the bottom. It's the best bit. I would leave your gazebo as it is. I think that you would have problems undoing the stitches and it looks ok. It can be your Amish moment as I call them. I sometimes have a lot of those lol. - Sandra.

Bethany said...

Lovely, Nicola... Another wonderful sampler and by the looks of it, it will be finished before you know it.

Cindy L said...

Nicola, this is such a beautiful, colorful sampler. I love all the different stitches. I'd leave the different color in...we would not have known if you did not reveal the change.

Theresa said...

So pretty and for some reason that linen looks like a tiny count to me! exquisite stitching!

Stitch Wizard said...

Oh my gosh Nicola, this is just gorgeous!!! It really is and I didn't realize it has so many beautiful specialty stitches in it as well. I have just got to get my stitchng mojo back. We have had some problems with some people and it has just zapped my stitching but things are much better now and Jerry got me a new mag light to use, so I just have to get busy. This inspires me so much!! It is just lovely!! :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching it looks stunning.