Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 14 June 2014

Elizabeth Cox


Elizabeth is on the frame and after a few nervous moments soothed by  Marsha and Sandra's words of advice has begun to take shape.

It is very hot today, far too hot to wallk the dogs, garden, shop, cook, iron or anything else remotely like chores that I should be doing. Instead it has been spent with my needle listening to an audio book in the shade offered by the verandah. The gentle breeze coming off the sea is very welcome.


The french doors are wide open and two little birds have flown in and been shooed back out. I think I will have to find space for two little birds in Miss Cox.


Ruthy came back from the framers and has been hung with The Blue Ribbon Sampler, SDW and Dona Dorothea. Her colours brighten the group.

On Miss Cox I have had a dilemia with AVAS 5386 and 5384.



There is hardly any difference so I have chosen a lighter shade to work with 5386. I am also having a problem with 2224, the thread is shedding its fibres as I stitch. I have had this once before with AVAS so I have also substituted it.

It is Father's Day in the UK tomorrow so not sure if much will be acheived although the lure of the Football (Soccer) World Cup may mean that Ray will not want to stray too far from the TV.  


14 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

What a wonderful post to read this morning Nicola. I am so happy you finally got Eliz Cox to start!! Your photos are so pretty and you are such an inspiration. I love your Ruthy so much and want to get past this tree and get to more colors!! Eliz Cox is really lovely so far with such bright pretty colors. I feel she is a must have for me after Ruthy too. I will enjoy seeing your progress! You live in such a beautiful area that it makes your stitching even more rewarding just to see the beautiful view you have too!

Krista said...

Sounds like you have quite a collection on your wall! Soon a gallery :)

What a grand view!

Margaret said...

Eliz Cox is looking gorgeous. Your stitches are always so perfect. I love stitching and listening to audiobooks too. A perfect way to spend a day.

kathy b said...

stay cool! Love your stitching

samplerlover said...

My goodness, Miss Elizabeth has grown in a day :). Shes looking really beautiful. Shes a very special girl. You are in a perfect place yo work on her.

I can quite understand Rays reluctance not to be far away from the TV while the football is on. I have it here with my DH.

Bethany said...

I wouldn't be able to stitch with the view distracting me. I guess you don't have this problem with this, as much as you have gotten finished in the past year and going strong this year as well. I love your stitching on Elizabeth, this is going to be a beauty.

Rowyn said...

I would never tire of looking at that beautiful view. Stitching sounds like a good way to pass a very hot day.

Jenny said...

Being near the ocean is my absolutely favorite place to be....unfortunately I would never get anything accomplished :) Beautiful view....beautiful start on Elizabeth! World Cup is on here too :)

Debbie Bauer said...

Love the colors in Elizabeth! You have already made great progress. I am so jealous of your spectacular view.
The 2 little birds must be a sign and should definitely find a spot in your sampler!

Erica near Chicago said...

Ruthy is wonderful and the colors in Elizabeth are so vibrant. You are so efficient with your work and seem to get so much enjoyment from it.

Vera said...

So beautiful Nicola. I love your Clizabeth Cox...and two little birds would be a great addition!! I've had some similar problems with AVAS fraying.

Cindy L said...

Elizabeth is another beauty! I have had trouble with AVAS silks being so close in color too but I do like working in silk. Enjoy that beautiful view and weather.

Heritage Hall said...

You continue to amaze with your needlework accomplishments and the
coast!!! I can see Manderlay from
here...

JoAnn said...

Your Elizabeth is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see her completed. Knowing you, that wont take long. But, your Ruthy Rogers is the one I truly like. I will be glad when I complete the quilt I'm working on so I can start my Ruthy,