Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 26 May 2014

Ruthy says "Hi"


Ruthy is back on the frame and I am very pleased to be working on her again. The rhythm of stem stitch is so therapeutic.

I made some alterations to her bodice (colour, cuffs and collar) and the positioning of the flowers in her hand. I also used bullion stitch for those flowers and the ones in her headress.

She looks a little like she has mumps. I am not sure that I have the stitch direction correct. I was wondering if I stitch another layer of satin stitches on her cheeks or should I unpick and try again ?

The past two weeks I have been working on a doily and tray cloth.


I made the silliest of mistakes on the tray cloth.


Can you spot it?

I hem stitched it back to front


I can't unpick it to correct as the corners will fray. It will always be a reminder to double check before stitching - lesson learnt (hopefully).


13 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, Ruthy is really coming along and she is saying HI, isn't she? Isn't it funny, when we make a mistake and not catch it until it is too late, you wonder, what was I thinking and how did I miss this? Thank goodness you are not ripping this one out.... By the way, I am so excited the Marsha is reproducing your Eleanor. I can't wait, thank you for sharing her.

Stitch Wizard said...

Ruthy is just beautiful Nicola and I would not pick anything you have done. She is just lovely and I can only hope to become as confident as you are because yours is really pretty!!!

Debbie Bauer said...

Nicola, your needlework is always outstanding! Your love of stitching shows through in all your work! Once again you have not let us down. Both hardanger pieces are absolutely beautiful! If you didn't mention the error no one would have noticed.
Ruthy is really progressing! Love that you gave her your personal touches such as the bullion flowers.

zenuwpees said...

La broderie et les hardangers sont magnifique comme toutes vos ouvrages bravo bonne journée Marie-Claire

Winderwoodfarm said...

as always your stitching is wonderful! adding a little personality to the tray piece only adds to its beatuty! ruthy is comming along very well. i can only wish i was as far along on my ruthy as you are.

Erica near Chicago said...

Great progress on Ruthy. You're always able to add such personal touches to your work.

Vera said...

Love your personal touches on Ruthy Nicola. And, your hardanger is gorgeous...definitely no un-picking...no one will see the "mistake" and it can just be another personalization:)

Lanie said...

'Hi' to you Ruthy! :)
She looks fabulous Nicola!

Laura said...

Ruthy love.
You are a very fast machine.

Stitch Wizard said...

Your tray cloth still looks beautiful and no way would I pick it out either. It is an easy mistake to make but like you said, it is a lesson learned and still it is just stunning and so pretty!!

Cindy L said...

Nicola, your stitching is such an inspiration. As others have said if you did not point out the mistake we would not have noticed. I just love how colorful Ruthy is and it looks like you will have her finished in no time at all.

Theresa said...

That is so funny I could not even tell there was a mistake at all in that lovely work! Ruthy also looks amazing!

Merilde said...

Lovely work, Nicola! I second the comments that I could not pick out any mistakes! And the comments that you must be the world's fastest stitcher!
Lori