Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 19 May 2014

Hornbook Bestiary Progresss

I'm pleased to report I've finally moved onto the final row of boxes as of last night!  It's so exciting to finally have the end in sight.  Here's a look at where I was when we last visited.
 
Progress as of 4/27/14
 
Progress as of 5/4/14
"U is for Unicorn"
 
I had intentions of posting progress after this block but life got in the way.  I did encounter a bit of a problem on the "V is for Vulture" block.  If you plan to stitch this, you might want to take note.
 
Just for reference, notice the vulture in the chart picture.  I know you are supposed to go by the chart and not the picture but...
 
Here's what it looked like when I followed the chart.  Hmm...not exactly what I had in mind.

Upon closer inspection of the color key, it appears that the color number for the blue/grey above is 3843 and the symbol is one vertical line.  The color number for the medium brown I used is 3834 and the symbol is two vertical lines.  I can totally see how this might happen.  So "heads up" if this is in your stash.  You might like the blue/gray but I wasn't a fan and wanted it to look like the picture.

Progress as of 5/18/14
"V is for Vulture" and the final row's boxes!

Here it is as of last night before bed.  I made it my mission yesterday to get the last row's boxes in before the day was done!  Now to fill them in.  I plan to spend as much time as possible on this till it's finished.

Just for fun, here's the whole thing.  I can hardly believe I put in all that tent stitch over one.  I feel like a tent stitch master now!  I've got a lead on a hornbook frame too.  We'll see if it works out!

Thanks for letting me share today and for cheering me on.  I'm so very close to the finish now.  I can hardly wait to share it with you when the day comes!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

18 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

absolutely stunning! love this :)
L

Carmen Sutton said...

This is awesome and the end is so close, I bet it is hard to put down the needle now.

DawnM said...

This is looking great. I have enjoyed watching every minute of your stitching. You are so close now. I am excited to see the finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This has been an amazing piece to follow your progress on.

I really like the unicorn and his long flowing tail. And the brown version of the vulture too.

Elizabeth said...

This is looking wonderful.

Vera said...

This is gorgeous! What an amazing amount of work you have put into this. So worth it!!

Vera said...

This is gorgeous! What an amazing amount of work you have put into this. So worth it!!

Jenny said...

I have so enjoyed watching your progress on this sampler. I am in awe of all that tent stitch....your work is beautiful! The LAST ROW....this is really something to have gotten this far....will be anxiously awaiting your finish post!

Bethany said...

This sure is lovely and I for one love the vulture he looks regal. I can't believe you are almost finished with this. I better get moving on my stitching.

Heritage Hall said...

Brava! How excited you must be to
be nearing completion after so much diligence and hard work. Your
work is outstanding....

brod'attitude said...

Fantastic, I am happy to see your sampler almost finished

Gramma Vickie said...

I was in awe until I read that you used tent stitch for the entire piece...now I'm blown away! Fabulous work!

zenuwpees said...

Magnifique broderie bon après-midi Marie-Claire

Erica near Chicago said...

Very impressive. Enjoy the last few boxes. You'll be done before you know it.

Nicola said...

You are soooo close to a finish. LOL you must be a master in tent stitch. I wonder how many stitches have gone into the piece?

This is a great achievement, you must be so pleased.

Cindy L said...

I never realized how big this sampler was until your photos...amazing!

Laura said...

This is gorgeous!
Beautiful!!