Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Circling Alphabets

Hi everyone:  it has been quite some time since I posted a Scarlet Letter finish - too many other projects seem to have taken over my life, not least of which has been sewing quilts/Noah's Ark Sampler etc. etc. for my first grandchild due in August - so VERY exciting!
However, I have just finished this lovely SL pattern:  Circling Alphabets:
I changed the colours (sorry Marsha!) as I wanted to give this as an 18th birthday gift to my friend's grand-daughter - I wanted the colours to look "younger":  I used variegated threads by Tamar Embroideries (www.TamarEmbroideries.co.uk) - and I was delighted with the end result.  This is such a great pattern and I think it can be adapted to any colours depending on whom it is for.  I hope you agree.
I am off to have lunch with Nicola tomorrow - really looking forward to having a catch up chat with her!
It has been wonderful keeping up-to-date with everyone's amazing achievements - what a Grand Group of Sewers we all are!

10 comments:

Winderwoodfarm said...

Your sampler came out just stunning! The colour change works wonderfully, you are so right, looks youthful. great job, thank you for sharing.
bob
winderwoodfarm

zenuwpees said...

La broderie est magnifique Marie-Claire

Mereknits said...

Vera, your stitching is amazing, I am in awe.
Hugs,
Meredith

Elizabeth said...

This is stunning Angie - I love the colours you have chosen.

Bethany said...

What a lovely gift. I love the color choice, especially for a young lady. Enjoy your lunch......

Gramma Vickie said...

What a lucky lucky 18 year old! So beautiful!

Scarlet Letter said...

Changing colors is wonderful. I love seeing my designs tweaked and reinterpreted by skilled needle workers.

Nicola said...

..... and a wonderful lunch and afternoon it was too.

Congratulations Angie on a charming finish and a beautiful gift.

Cindy L said...

Angie, I have to smile every time you post a finish because we have so many of the same samplers. I also enjoyed stitching this piece and love your color changes. Congratulations on a lovely finish!

Scarlet Letter said...

I approve of changing colors, This design is not a reproduction. It was published under the name of "Hester's Sister". My sister designed it.