Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 7 April 2014

Sophia's Sampler

I have been working on two projects at once, but found  it is not my preferred way to work. I have finally started Sophia and have enough done now to post. I stitched the border and the sheep, then the tree, the the hill. If I kept going I would have finished before I got to blog. 
 The sheep are adorable. They are what drew me to this sampler first. Also the colours are so soft and muted. Just my style.
This is such an enjoyable sampler to stitch. Loving it all and can't get enough stitching time. Hope this has posted ok. I am having all sorts of trouble tonight.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

I just wanted to let you know, this is still my mother's favorite sampler. Of all the things she has stitched, this holds a special place for her. I hope you enjoy stitching her as much as my mother did.....

JoAnn said...

I'm the mom Bethany was referring to and she is correct, this is my favorite sampler. I loved every stitch. I know your Sophia will hold a special place in your heart as it does in mine.

When I went to the framers to pick it up, she told me that when she showed it to her husband he said, "now that's what I call a beautiful sampler". I know your framer will say the same.

Vera said...

So pretty - love it...and, apparently, another one I have missed along the way. I need to go take a look at the full sampler!!

Inguna said...

The most adorable sampler! It is on my must stitch list. I shouldn't wait too long. But for the time being I will watch your progress.

Jenny said...

Another one of my favorites! I have loved these sheep too...and the colors! I will so enjoy watching you stitch this one! This too is a must stitch!

Lanie said...

I think I've missed this one too ... how could I with those adorable sheep staring out at us! Going to have to visit SL website and take a look!
In the meantime I enjoy 'looking' at your progress, Margot ... she certainly looks like a fun stitch.

Nicola said...

This is a special sampler and I can understand why it is JoAnn's all time favourite.

I will enjoy seeing your posts.

zenuwpees said...

Un beau début de broderie Marie-Claire

Cindy L said...

This is such a lovely sampler and will enjoy seeing your posts as your sampler "comes to life".