Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Ruthy Rogers - A Start


The chart recommends to begin in the upper left corner and to stitch all the cross stitched sections. Oh dear - I have done neither.

My reason for starting bottom left is that I might add a little something to the upper section. I did intend to dutifully work all the cross stitches but I could not resist having a dabble with the satin and stem stiches. 

It is early days but I am liking stem stitch.

Ruthy is very well charted with excellent and detailed instructions. I feel if Marsha is right here holding my hand.


10 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

Looking really good Nicola. I decided to stitch some of the vine leaves as I go along. Sooo many leaves!!

Winderwoodfarm said...

your ruthy is comming along very nice. i have mine stared....

Bhooma said...

Love your start, Nicola.3

Krista said...

Amazing start!

Jenny said...

Ruthy is looking great.....:)

Marie Christine said...

Beau début,ce sera sans dire est superbe ouvrage.
Bonne petite xxxxxxx
Douce journée

Elizabeth said...

This is going to be beautiful Nicola.

Bethany said...

Why did I know you would jump right into Ruthy. Have fun with the stem. I am working a lot of the stem on MaryAnn Macdonald. It is fun, you just need to remember if your needle is above or below. It is really a fun stitch and very forgiving.

Lanie said...

Oh dear! ... how am I going to resist Ruthy???!!! Ahhh I am already charmed! I love the border ... and all the stem stitching ... cannot wait to see more!!!

Stitch Wizard said...

Gorgeous new start on Ruthy!! I love what you have done with your stem stitches and I too want to dabble into some of these as well as I go along on my Ruthy. It keeps things more interesting.