Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 28 April 2014

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I've made significant progress since we last visited.  I'm so happy to be able to say the end is in sight!

Progress as of 3/23/14

Progress as of 4/27/14
 
As you can see, I've really been on a roll this month.  I've tried really hard devote time to this one since I'm so close to finishing.  It's so nice to be able to say that now.  Here are the latest additions!

"R is for Rabbit"

"S is for Sheep" and "T is for Turkey"
 
Next up is "U is for Unicorn."  I'm really looking forward to stitching that one as well as that last row of boxes. If you'd like to see more details about this last bit of progress, pop over to my blog.
 
Thanks so much for all your encouragement!  I'm pressing onward...the finish is in sight now!
 
More next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

.

Vera said...

Oh, so close. this is really looking great. I have this in my stash...but it is BIG and there is so much background to fill in. My niece recently had a baby boy...maybe I will stitch the squares for his name...or initials...Your stitching is beautiful. almost done!!!

Lanie said...

This sampler is fabulous and it's all over one if I am remembering correctly. Beautiful ... perfect stitching! Enjoy the remainder of your journey. I look forward to your finish post!

Debbie Bauer said...

Beautiful! The Finnish is near.

Nicola said...

The finish is very much in sight. This is an amazing sampler. You stitching is exquisite and I have so much admiration for your needlework and perserverance.

Krista said...

Amazing progress! Only a few more letters to go! I have enjoyed seeing your journey on this one.

Bethany said...

Lovely progress on such a wonderful piece of needlework. I love the turkey on the sampler. I know you will be finishing soon, now that the end is in sight, you won't be able to put her down.

Bethany said...

Lovely progress on such a wonderful piece of needlework. I love the turkey on the sampler. I know you will be finishing soon, now that the end is in sight, you won't be able to put her down.

Erica near Chicago said...

So close. You'll be done before you know it. I love the deep blue color of the background.

Cindy L said...

Amazing! I have so enjoyed the stitching journey with you. I also love that blue background.

brod'attitude said...

Fantastic progress. I am very happy to see your sampler is very nice. Unfortunatly I can't show the same progress with my hornbook. I didn't stich on my sampler since a long time.

Scarlet Letter said...

It looks amazing! How do you plan to frame it? What thread did you use?

Serena B said...

What a great accomplishment,the details and colours really stand out!very lovely!