Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 19 April 2014

Easter

Bonnes  Pacques, buona Pasqua. I was baptized in the eastern orthodox church, so "our" Easter is celebrated two weeks later than western Easter.
The Araucana hens lay green, blue and pink eggs, and here is my Easter basket with naturally dyed eggs.
The second photo (awful, apologies, my camera battery failed and it will be hours before I can take a better photo), shows part of the German sampler that I am currently graphing.  It's dated 1734 and is replete with symbolic motifs.

Avanti, la primavera!

2 comments:

Winderwoodfarm said...

arauccana chickens are so much fun, i have also gotten olive green eggs from a hen.
i cannot wait for your 1734 graphing to be ready for market!
it looks very interesting. happy bunny day to you!

Jackie Patton said...

I too can't wait for this graph. What we can see is beautiful!! Happy Easter to you!