Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 4 April 2014

Ann Medd

I have not posted for a while, which makes me feel really guilty but I have been keeping up on everybody's posts and admiring all the beautiful work. I am so glad that this site is continuing.

Since my last post, life has changed somewhat.   We have moved to France. We are looking for a house to buy but in the meantime, I have been able to spend some time catching up with my stitching and Ann Medd has made some progress. In fact I have got to the point where I can begin to see the end. I will be sad to finish her as she has been a lovely, if long stitch but at the same time there are so many others that I want to start stitch.

Progress WAS slowed down by my decision to change the turquoise background for the dark navy. I know you should go by the pattern and not  by the photo, but I really liked the dark navy colour in the photo even though it may have just been how the turquoise photographed. Anyway, it was a dilemma, and  I am glad that I made the decision to make the change.  Good job really as there is no way I would go to the trouble to change it back!!!

Apologies for the creases.


8 comments:

Louise said...

You Ann Medd is beautiful! Brava!
What area of France have you moved to? I live near Montpellier.

Michele said...

We are in Normandy. Shame that is miles away from you.

Bethany said...

I can see the end in site. I know you must be very happy, Ann is almost there.
Exciting moving to France and Normandy, WOW. We have friends that live just west of Paris and they have taken us on many lovely trips through France. The people in Normandy treated us with such honor and love, it made me proud to be an American. The B&B in which we stayed in was an old farm house. The owners hid American men during the war. They had saved a parachute and cut it into pieces and gave a part to our son, to say thank you.

Louise said...

Well, if you ever make it down to the Mediterranean, let me know. In any case, you live in a lovely area. Bonne installation!

Scarlet Letter said...

Lovely work. FYI I will be in the Perigord near Sarlat in May if anyone happens to live near there. Care to canoe down the Dordogne with me?

Michele said...

Had no idea that so many SLY friends live or visit France. We will have to arrange our own get together!

Nicola said...

You are so close now Michele that the next post will be a finish. Looking forward to seeing her all done.

zenuwpees said...

Très belle broderie Marie-Claire