Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 21 April 2014

Ann Medd - A finish!




Trumpet fanfare....ANN MEDD IS FINISHED!!!!  No idea HOW I am going to get her framed in the near future, as I have not seen any framers around in this part of Normandy.  I will post on FB as well, as I know there are some ex-pat stitchers not that far from me and they may have the solution. I usually, trawl the charity shops until I find something right, but along with Pak Choi and English Cheddar, charity shops are something pretty non-existent over here.

I have made a couple of changes in the Adam and Eve band.  I skipped the entire one over animals, as I hate one over.  Because something was needed to fill the space, I found a peacock pattern on the internet, which had been found on a 1742 sampler. As the date at the bottom, is 1742, I thought that a good tie-in.   At the top I put in a flower, which was adapted from the ones higher up on the border.   I had unpicked some one-overs, and had made a small hole, which I was able to fill but it needed something over it to hide the fact it was a mend.   The tiny animals, under the trees, are a cockerel and a hen, a rabbit and a cat representing all my girls and boys past and present.


I have thoroughly enjoyed Ann Medd, honestly, every stitch, even having to unpick all the turquoise so that I could make it dark blue.  Just sorry she wasn’t finished in time for the end of Nicola’s year.

17 comments:

Nicola said...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS. Ann is a sampler to be very proud of.

Your personalisations have made her you own.

Krista said...

Absolutely AMAZING!! Congratulations, Michele! I love all the special details you have stitched into her to make it so personal.

Inguna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inguna said...

Congratulations! Your Ann is absolutely beautiful! Love the cat and rabbit :)

Sallyfr said...

Truly wonderful, so pleased for you.

Bhooma said...

Congratulation on a beautiful finish !!

Vera said...

Oh! What a gorgeous finish -- congratulations! I love the way you personalized this one.

Carmen Sutton said...

Now that you have mastered the Mother of all samplers what can you do next! It is lovely and a true acomplisment makes me wantto start mine.

DawnM said...

Congratulations Michele.

This is an amazing accomplishment. I love the changes you made.

Erica near Chicago said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration and should be so very pleased with your accomplishment.

Jenny said...

Congratulations Michele on a most amazing finish! Your Ann is just beautiful and I love how you made it yours. Truly an accomplishment to be proud of!

Theresa said...

Beautiful, Michele! What an accomplishment! Hope you find a framer, this is so lovely!

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on such a gorgeous finish!

Lanie said...

Wow Wow Wow Michele! Congratulations! 'Ann Medd' is a fabulous sampler and I am in awe of those who are stitching her and especially those who have completed her. Well done! Be sure to let us know when you find the perfect frame for her.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful. I love the way you have made this your own.

Debbie Bauer said...

Oh my, Michele your sampler is stunning! Can't wait to see the frame you choose !

Bethany said...

Another Ann Medd finished. Congratulations and your little additions are wonderful.