Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 6 April 2014

A Post on behalf of Barbara H - EK 1653 Framed and Hung


Today is a brilliant sunny day.    I thought it was about time I posted images of EK 1653 framed.   EK 1653 is keeping Sarah Dutnel company in the dining room.  Jim’s new whale is keeping an eye over all.

 




Today I am finishing the details on my Fanny Covell  c.1790 sampler chart.  Fanny Covell was 8 years old when she worked her delightful sampler.  She was from Sevenoaks, Kent, England.  Fanny was married in 1802 to Thomas Wood of Rochester, Kent, England.



Someone very kindly wrote the descending family pedigree on the back of the frame.   However, I do not know her parents’ names yet.   

 

Barbara


11 comments:

Krista said...

Your EK finish looks so beautiful hanging with Sarah Dutnel. Love the whale too! That is wonderful that the descendants are listed on the antique. I love the layout of this sampler the way corners are cut in for the flowers. Thank you for sharing!

Inguna said...

Very beautiful, Barbara!
And I love your Fanny Covell and Jim's new whale :)

ilana kaye said...

Absolutely awesome. You make me want to drop everything and start EK. Another outstanding work:)

Sharon H said...

Love the grouping - the whale made me smile! EK is stunning.

Jenny said...

EK is just lovely and looks very happy sharing her space with Sarah!
That whale is wonderful.

Stitch Wizard said...

I just love your photos and your EK with Sarah is so pretty!!!

Bethany said...

Barbara, You always do such lovely stitching. I won Sarah this past blog year. I better finish my Macdonald, so I can start.... My hello's to Jim.

Vera said...

EK is gorgeous! Beautiful stitching and very pretty frame. Love the whale too!!

Nicola said...

Thank you for sharing EK framed and another peak of Sarah.

You inspired me to stitch EK and your previous posts have been such a help as I have stitched her.

zenuwpees said...

Les deux broderies sont MAGNIFIQUE FELICITATION Marie-Claire

Cindy L said...

Thank you for sharing your photos. Your stitching is so beautiful and a delight to view.