Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

THANK YOU



What an amazing day. This is the first time I have had the proper internet connection and access to my ipad to post. 

I am sat in the motorway services on my drive home with tears of happiness running down my face after watching the video Krista has posted.

Words cannot express what the quilt and your friendship mean to me. Both are treasured and I feel so blessed.

I didn't have the foggiest idea about the "Secret Quilt". Thank you doesn't seem an adequate expression or gratitude for what I am feeling.

Our time viewing the samplers was wonderful. We were amazed that we could use a magnified eyeglass placed onto the samplers to study them in detail and the curator was on hand to turn the samplers over and to answer our questions. 

We had chosen the maximum permitted ten to view but she put out three extra ones for us. We were allowed to take photographs but are not permitted to post them publically.

If you have the opportunity to visit London this is an experience not to be missed.

It is back into the car now as I have at least another 3 hours to drive, no doubt I shall be thinking about samplers and the journey will go quickly.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU xxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Margaret said...

The visit looks wonderful! I'm so happy to have contributed a block to the quilt -- I'm so glad you like it. Happy birthday, Nicola!

Vera said...

Ditto to Margaret's comment. I'm so glad I was able to stitch a block for your quilt. Oh to have been there with you all!! Happiest birthday wishes Nicola.

Bhooma said...

I second what Margaret and Vera said. I too am glad to have contributed to the quilt. Happy Birthday, Nicola!

Krista said...

I am glad you were so suprised, Nicola! Happy Birthday, again!!
Sounds like it was an amazing visit at the V&A. Although you can't post the sampler photos can you tell which ones you viewed? Would love to hear all about it! Safe travels!

Carmen Sutton said...

What an awesome gift for your birthday it will be a wonderful reminder of your Scarlet letter year. I do wish that we all could have joined you at the V&A it sounded like a wonderful learning experience and one that will inspire many hours of sampler stitching!

Angie Burrett said...

Such a super and quite emotional day! Loved seeing your reaction to the Big Surprise! xxxx such an amazing quilt for an amazing lady xxx

Elaine said...

I am so glad you liked the quilt! It was such a fun project to work on and so hard to keep it secret!

Bethany said...

What a year, What a day, What a Wonderful Memory. I am sure a day to be remember for a life time.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I am so glad that we were able to surprise you.

Everyone's embroidery is a token of our appreciation and love for you Nicola. I am so happy to have been a part.

What marvelous memory for all of us.

Jane in Wisconsin said...

So glad you were surprised, Nicola! Thank YOU for having this wonderful group for all of us to enjoy!

Stitching Noni said...

What an amazing why to celebrate your birthday and friendship :) The quilt is beautiful and a wonderful memento for you :)

Serena B said...

Happy Birthday Nicola,so glad you enjoyed your surprise and had a delightful day viewing samplers with your friends!

Lanie said...

Can you imagine how giddy we have been keeping our "secret" for all these months and the anticipation of surprising you! These are the best kind of "secrets"! :)
Your day at the V&A sounds like an opportunity that you will treasure always ... what a delight it must have been.