Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 13 March 2014

Our London Get-together!

What a wonderful day, and already on this Blog some great pictures.  I enjoyed meeting everyone so much and it was great to see Nicola's reaction to her surprises.  And what surprises they were:  the quilt is truly magnificent and an heirloom, Elaine did such a wonderful job putting it all together.  And Marsha's sampler - well, words fail me!
Here are some of my photos too:
Getting to know each other!
What is this?!
Identifying the samplers from which the squares were taken - fun!
Marsha's wonderful sampler.
Looking through the wonderful photographic record that Krista had made!

It was such a unique occasion - and Nicola loved every minute of it which is what really mattered.
The viewing of the samplers was a privilege - just a shame we are not able to share those photos. But a day to remember - and to share with you all.  I hope the photos from those of us there help you ALL feel part of Nicola's Special Day!

14 comments:

Bethany said...

Thank you to all of you for sharing this wonderful experience

Vera said...

Yes, thank you all. Grat to read the write-ups -- really makes me feel as though I were there!!

llknbillburg said...

Thanks so much for sharing. It looks like such a wonderful time! Laura

Elaine said...

Great photos of a wonderful day Angie!

Dawn said...

Thank you for sharing more photos. It is nice to see most of the blocks. I was able to find mine. Great how they all work together. Wonder setting and fabrics pulling it all together. The book is also a great addition.
Can just about imagine the samplers you saw,

Lanie said...

Thank you, Angie ... all of you so generously sharing your photos and comments from the day do make us feel a special part of this wonderful celebration!
And ooohh how I would love to view in person those wonderful antique samplers!

Bhooma said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. I enjoyed reading your comments about the awesome day you all had.

Erica near Chicago said...

Thank you for posting these. It sounds as if you had a wonderful day.

Brenda said...

Oh how I wished I could have come along!!! That is an AWESOME and most exquisite quilt! Thank you for doing this year long SAL and I hope that you will be blessed by the many friends you have touched and brought together because of this SAL!!!

Stitch Wizard said...

What a wonderful day it was for all who could be there. I love seeing the photos! I wish I could have been there, but I live in the USA and it was impossible. Still being a part of this special day by joining this challenge and making a block for Nicola was such a joy. I am so happy that she was so surprised and happy. It was fun being a part of such wonderful stitchers and friends and I look forward to stitchng in Our Scarlet Letter Years too.

Cheri said...

Yea, more great photos from this special day, thank you for sharing. I did not realize how far some of you had to travel to get to this get together. Well done all!

Margaret said...

Just wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so enjoying every post from those who were there.

Krista said...

Wonderful post Angie!! Love to see all the pics! Makes me feel like I was there too.

Michele said...

Thank you for sharing this Angie I am so sorry not to have been part of it but so pleased that the day was a triumph x