Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 24 March 2014

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I realized I hadn't given the Hornbook any attention this month and not much last month either. I decided this past weekend would be dedicated to remedying that. 

Progress as of 2/1/14
"P is for Parrot"
 
Progress as of 3/23/14
"Q is for Quail"

I had actually started this square weekend before last and then completed it yesterday.  It needed the background fill finished up and that went fairly quickly.

Beginnings of "R is for Rabbit" 3/23/14

Since I finished up the quail early in the morning, I spent the rest of the day working on "R is for Rabbit."  If I'd had a couple more hours, I probably could have finished this one up as well.


Here's a close up look of the weekend's progress.  I'm to the point again that I need to add another row and that's so exciting!  I'm two rows away from being finished now!
 
I've been giving thought to how I want to add my name to this piece. I'd once thought about stitching the "L" & "P" in different colors for my initials but I've since come up with something I like better. Now to chart it and see if I like it. Then there's the issue of whether I'll have enough floss to actually do it if I do like it. Oh decisions, decisions.
 
 
More next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

.

Jenny said...

I love the quail and the rabbit....but then again I love this whole sampler...lol...beautiful as always!

Debbie Bauer said...

Wonderful progress... I am excited for you about being near the end! Love this sampler!

Krista said...

Wow, such amazing progress! I love seeing each block come to life.

Gandja said...

Wonderful work ! ;-)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement! I'm looking forward to the finish.

Vera said...

Almost there! It is looking beautiful.

Lisa said...

I love this sampler! It is one that I want to start very soon. The saturation of color is what draws me to this sampler. What threads and fabric (type and count) are you using?

Bethany said...

I have been away for a little over a week. We had company from France and there just wasn't enough time to look. You are doing a wonderful job and in a couple months you should have a finish.

Nicola said...

You are sooooo close now. I have so much respect for your stitching on this sampler. I feel blessed to have been able to follow your progress.

Erica near Chicago said...

Wonderful progress. You'll soon be done.

Erica near Chicago said...

Wonderful progress. You'll soon be done.

zenuwpees said...

C'est magnifique Marie-Claire