Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Ellenor Wycks . . .uh-oh

I've been trying to start Ellenor Wycks as part of an SAL.

This is as far as I've managed to stitch:


Actually, I had the whole row of red double running acorns worked in and had started the pale gold fill-in. That is when I discovered that I had gone over three threads instead of two in one spot. Since this is a symmetrical band with a matching set of acorns, I would either have to remember where I went off so I could duplicate it (not likely) and deal with slightly changing a leaf motif (also not likely) or rip it back.

So I ripped.

In the US, we went on Daylight Savings Time last night, which meant one less hour of sleep and/or stitching time. I'm blaming that.

5 comments:

Lanie said...

Enjoy stitching your 'Ellenor' ... she is such a beautiful sampler!

Bethany said...

Let's hope there will be no more ripping. Enjoy

Jenny said...

I love all the posts about Ellenor. She is lovely. Hopefully the frog will stay away for awhile :)

Krista said...

Sounds like the same start I had with Ellenor! I hope there will be no more ripping for you, only fun stitching ahead.

Nicola said...

Oh Ann this happens to us all at sometime, hopefully there will be no more on Ellenor.