Header Photo

Header Photo
Lisa's Hornbook Bestiary

Translate

Sunday, 2 March 2014

EK Band 5


This was a bigger and more intricate band than the previous ones but nevertheless an enjoyable one. I am now going to stitch band 3 on Ellenor.

The weather continues to be wet and windy and we once again had the beach to ourselves on our walk.


Whilst fumbling with the camera on my phone I took an accidental  selfie. What I was trying to photograph was this.



The storms have washed away a huge chunk of the coastal path. Top right hand corner you can see where they have fenced the path off for those coming down onto the beach. Top left hand corner you can just spy Ray peering down.

Is any one planning on watching the Oscars tonight ?



8 comments:

JoAnn said...

And I thought our winter was bad. I don't know which is worse, too much rain, or too much snow. I helped Bethany shovel out the drive today. She has been a great help. We had about 8" fall over night.

Your Three Sisters looks like it is just about finished. Your Band 5 is exquisite. We are all anxious to see it finished and framed, JoAnn

Bethany said...

Who is that masked lady ;0).. I often said, your area reminds me so much of California and it looks like you also get the mud slides as well.
Mom watches a show on PBS, called Doc Martin and wondered if this was close to your area?
Your three sisters is lovely, is it finished or will there be more bands.....

Theresa said...

Wow Nicola, you are one of the fastest stitchers I have ever seen! How lovely this is...
I can see why band samplers are so popular. Lovely stitches and colors.

I read about the erosion along the coast in one of Elly Griffith's books -- I think it was "The House at Sea's End"...have you read her?)

Hopefully Spring is not long in coming, now!

Jenny said...

Ek is looking just amazing Nicola! This has been such a hard winter...I hope Spring comes early for all of you.

Debbie Bauer said...

Love going along for your walks! EK 1653 is amazing!

Lanie said...

B.E.A.U.T.E.O.U.S. ... that's beautiful and gorgeous mashed together ... and that's what your EK continues to be ... colors, stitching, verse all beauteous!!

Cindy L said...

Amazing stitching and speed too! This weather has taken a toll on all of us. I'm so glad we at least have a sunny day today.

Anne said...

Stunning finish Nicola! I showed my mother your blog and she's amazed at all that you do...I might've mentioned this on your blog but I can't remember if I did! Anyways, this band sampler is just so pretty. Love the photo of you all bundled up in those roaring winds!!