Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Bird in a Bough



Rhonda Owen has kindly sent me a photograph of her gorgeous finish and framing to be included in the gallery. 

Rhonda wrote:-

" ......here is my version of this wonderful Scarlet Letter pattern. At first I felt like I was betraying the original stitched piece but once I started pulling colors I couldn't put it down. My fabric choice is 30ct. Woosteria from R&R. Threads are a mixture of Sampler, Crescent and DMC".

The frame is stunning. Thank you for sharing this with us Rhonda.

14 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautiful finish and framing.

woolwoman said...

your rendition is very beautiful and I love the frame ! Melody

JoAnn said...

I echo the comments of Fiona and woolwoman. The frame is an absolute perfect choice for the Bird on the Bough.

Krista said...

Beautiful finish. Love the colors. I also love the border which I had not noticed on other finishes of this design.

Inguna said...

Beautiful Rhonda!

Lanie said...

Lovely Rhonda and the beautiful and unique frame is the perfect finish for your 'Bird'!
Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing!

Debbie Bauer said...

Beautiful and the frame is so suited - just perfect for the sampler.

Kevin said...

This is beautiful! I love that you stitched it using a variety of hand dyed flosses. Your framing is fantastic as well. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish and your choice for the frame is absolutely perfect! Beautiful...just beautiful.

Stitch Wizard said...

I really love the way this turned out Rhonda and your stitching is so pretty! Love this frame too! It really sets this off so well! I am inspired to stitch mine seeing yours! :)

zenuwpees said...

Magnifique broderie bravo Marie-Claire

Vera said...

Congratulations on a fabulous finish and framing -- love this one!! This might be my next pick as it is already in my stash:)

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful frame to complement your lovely stitching.

Erica near Chicago said...

The frame works so well with the piece. Congratulations on the finish!