Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 28 February 2014

Updates and a New Start


Hi Everyone,

Will this winter ever end?  We are forecast to be hit again Sunday/Monday with the latest winter storm – Titan I think it is called?  (when did we start naming winter storms?).  I am looking forward to the weekend.  Today started off with getting rear-ended on the way to work.  Luckily nothing at all – no damage to either car, no damage to me or the other driver.  Then, my normal 20 minute commute morphed into 1.5 hours.  So much caked ice on the roads…and potholes…I either want Spring to come right now…or I may have to hibernate until June or July.

Not a whole lot of stitching has been accomplished recently.  Here is a picture of Elizabeth Mitchell.  Sad that I have neglected her some.  I love the pattern, but the woodsmoke linen is tough on my eyes, so I can’t put many stitches in her before I need to put her aside.


Since I am unable to work as much as I would like on Elizabeth Mitchell, I just had to start something new:  Scottish Sampler circa 1740.  I am stitching this on 32 count white fabric (can you hear my eyes shouting Thank You!!?) with DMC threads.  The colors are rich and this is a fun and quick stitch.  First an overall picture and then a close up showing the eyelet stitches.



 

Well, waiting for our son to call, then I need to call a friend…then I hope to get a few stitches in before the bed calls my name too loudly.  Here’s hoping everyone has a fun, relaxing weekend (and an easier commute for me tomorrow…please).

Stay warm!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so glad that you are okay and that there were no injuries or damage. Both samplers are looking lovely. My eyes are always thankful when I stitch on 28 or 32 count :) Stay safe and hopefully you can get some stitching in this weekend.

Krista said...

Both samplers look so pretty. I would pick the 32 count one too :) Glad to hear you are okay and no damages either! This has been a tough winter for all of us. We must not be too far from each other, we are expecting a big snow for Monday too.

Chris said...

So sorry that you had such a terrible commute!! Argh! Spring can't come fast enough.
Both samplers look great. I am sorry that the linen is giving you a hard time :(
Have a wonderful weekend!

Bethany said...

Mom asked me if I wanted to go outside this morning and see what -1degree felt like. I haven't been around these temps in so long. I told her -1 was a heat wave compare to others. Both your samplers are looking great. I hope Elisabeth doesn't give you too much trouble.. A Maglight works wonders.....

Heritage Hall said...

Bless your heart that you are safe
and sound. This weekend promises
another go-around with the frigid
weather...stay warm and enjoy whichever sampler calls your name.

Nicola said...

Oh bless you Vera but at least you are safe, when I saw rear ended I thought whiplash.

Hunker down this weekend with your stitching and enjoy xxx

Cindy L said...

Vera, glad to hear you were not hurt. This weather has dragged on so long for all of us. We just got a couple more inches in the Midwest and must be sending it your way. I'm just glad I was off this weekend for it. Both samplers are looking lovely and it does help to switch off to an easier on the eyes piece now and than.