Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Thank You, Thank You & Thank You

Where to start ? 

I think the most important thing that I want to say is THANK YOU so:-

THANK YOU to Jo. Without Jo this challenge and blog would have remained an idea.

THANK YOU to Marsha, who after getting an email from a total stranger agreed that we could use the Scarlet Letter as the theme for the challenge and who has donated so generously to the giveaways.

THANK YOU to the contributors who have donated charts, vouchers, project bags and other prizes. You are all amazing.

I mustn't forget to mention Ray for his sponsorship too.

THANK YOU to Krista and Debra for their help with editing the interviews and to the interviewees.


What fun we have had sharing our needlework. I know that my knowledge and confidence has grown so much from stitching with you and many friendships have been made.

Krista recently posted her SDW finish and the sentiment she has stitched - "I am with you, however far away you may be" is such a fitting one for us. Even though many, many thousands of miles separate us the blog/group has been a meeting place just as if we were gathering regularly for a stitching bee in the local village hall.



Time goes quickly when you are enjoying yourself and it really has flown by - here we are some 2,189 posts, 18,054 comments,  435,617 page views and 160 finishes later and time for the Grand Draw.

Jo and I discussed how the draw should be made and we decided the best way was Ray's top hat and that it would be videoed for fairness and transparency.

Here is a link to a video of the draw so here goes:-


video


1st name - $50 SL gift voucher - Cindy - S A Green No: 13
2nd name - $50 SL gift voucher - Susan - Scottish Band Sampler No: 143
3rd name - SL chart of your choice - 
Kate - Scottish Band Sampler No: 10
4th name - 
SL chart of your choice -Bhooma - Merry Cox No: 130
5th name - 
SL chart of your choice - Leigh (Kelrain) - Black Gryphon No: 46
6th name - 
SL chart of your choice - Illknbillburg - AW 1661 No: 136
7th name - 
SL chart of your choice - Deb - Ann Smith No: 56 

I wish everyone could have received a prize but I think we all have gained something from the year.

I am going to finish as I started with THANK YOUS  - THANK YOU to all who have participated either as a contributor or follower - it has been the best birthday celebration I could ever have had and I look forward to stitching with you in the future.

Here's a toast to Our Scarlet Letter Years (as our group will now be known as) and long may Marsha continue to chart her beautiful reproductions and original designs and to us being able to stitch them.



25 comments:

Brenda in WI said...

That is a really neat video. Congratulations to all the winners.

Lelia said...

Congratulations!

Lanie said...

Congratulations to all the lucky winners! Enjoy your prizes!
And a HUGH Thank You! to all who donated these prizes and added to the SLY fun!

Carmen Sutton said...

Congratulation to all the winners have fun picking your goodies, let me tell you it is hard to decied with such a selection of wonderful samplers to choose from! Thanks to all that donated prizes throughout the year, while I have never had to be bribed to stitch it sure makes you stitch faster when there is some incentives along the way! Enjoy
Looking forward to another fun year with all of you amazing stitchers!

Bhooma said...

I cannot believe I won one of the prizes !!! I was not having a good day today and winning a prize here has made it much more bearable. Thanks Nicola !

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!!

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for this beautiful blog and the great journey. Congrats to all the finishers...

Martha S said...

Congratulations to all the winners.
It has been a fun, inspiring year and I love the new name.
Thank you Nicola, Jo, and Marsha.
Martha S

Jenny said...

Congratulations to all the winners! This has truly been an incredible year....a big thank you to everyone who made it possible! I have learned so much and enjoyed stitching with all of you! Here is to another wonderful year!

Faye said...

Bravo!!!! The friendships, creativity and lessons that have been gained are timeless~~~

Melissa said...

Thank you, Nicola, for organizing this wonderful idea into reality, with help (& thanks) from those you'd mentioned. It was fun to see so many wonderful stitchers' work this past year!

Congratulations to the lucky winners!

Jennifer Cameron said...

Thank you Nicola for the best blog on the web and happy birthday. What you and Jo have achieved this year is amazing and I can't wait to meet you both at the V&A. Xxx ps here's to many more years.

Love to Stitch said...

Congrats to the winners!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLA!! You are an amazing woman and we are all thrilled to have gotten to know you a bit better, and share all these great stitches together!!!! Here's to many many more :)))))

Stitch Wizard said...

Congratulations to all of the winners. I have really enjoyed stitching with all of you here and look forward to stitching with many of you in Our Scarlet Letter Years.

Deb said...

Congratulations to all the winners. I have to say that this has been a wonderful year being able to see all the wonderful pieces that have been stitched. And as Love to Stitch said above, we've all been thrilled to have gotten to know you better (have always loved the videos) and that I hope that the friendships also last for years to come!!

Kim Hummel said...

Congratulation to all the winners. The challenge certainly has helped me to stay focused on my projects until completed. This has been a great year of sampler stitching

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you for your thank you!!

It's been an amazing experience, I never expected this many people to be involved. Would I have thought twice if I had known? Heck, no!!

I have "met" so many wonderful people over the year, many of whom I am sure will be in y stitching life for many more years to come.

Cindy L said...

Oh my!!! Thank you so much! Happy Birthday Nicola...warm heartfelt wishes for you on your special day. It seems so strange to receive a gift from you on your birthday. When I joined you on your journey, I never expected to win anything, I just had a number of SL samplers to stitch. I am so thankful for everyone's inspiration, encouragement, helpful hints and friendship across the miles. Thank you again for such a wonderful year.

Frances Seng said...

Happy Birthday Nicola and Thank you so much for invitation to stitch with bunch of talented and inspired ladies and gentelmen.

Cheri said...

Amazing statistics, looking forward to stitching and learning and sharing with you all in the future. Congratulations winners :)

Krista said...

Congratulations to all the winners! And a BIG thank you to you Nicola for all that you have done to create this amazing community! I look forward to stitching on into our Scarlet Letter Years!

Anne said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nicola!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea turn into reality with all of us and of course a big thank you to all who helped! Big congrats to all of the winners!

DawnM said...

Happy Birthday Nicola!!!! and congratulations to all the winners on this post as well as for the entire year+. This has been such a great experience and I have had a wonderful time participating. I hope to see many more samplers in the future on the blogs.

Susan said...

I'm so surprised that I won anything, let alone one of the gift vouchers! Thank you so much for hosting this year of fun. Many happy returns of your birthday!

Kielrain said...

I still can't pick what to get with my win.
This was such an amazingly fun year!