Header Photo

Header Photo
Lisa's Hornbook Bestiary

Translate

Friday, 28 February 2014

Some New Starts

Hi Everyone!

I have a couple of new starts for Our Scarlet Letter Years.

I am working on Ellenor Wykcs in a SAL group and after starting and ripping out and doing again I am getting the hang of the double running stitch.  I am using 36 ct flax linen with dmc thread.  I have switched out some of the colors that were charted.



After seeing the lovely recent finishes on the blog of N. Hinde, I decided to do that one too!  Instead of over one though I am doing it over two on 32 ct vintage vanilla creme using Waterlilies silk in Cherries.  The 32 ct is a dream to work on after working on 36 ct and the silk glides through the linen like a whisper.   love the variegated look and the reds really pop.


I hope to have a very stitch-y weekend especially with more snow in the forecast!  I hope you all have a very stitch-y weekend too!  xx


9 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh Krista - both are sooooo beautiful and your stitches are exquisite.

Stay safe and warm this weekend.

Vera said...

Hi Krista, beautiful starts. Love the red you are using for N. Hinde. I was thinking of stitching it again (not on 40 over one though), in a different color -- maybe blue?? and personalizing it with my own name this time. Not sure though...so many projects in the wings....

Jenny said...

Both starts are beautiful Krista. Ellenor is such a lovely sampler I know I will be stitching her sometime in the future. Rainy and stormy here this weekend so I plan on stitching too! Enjoy your weekend stitching and stay warm!

Kim Hummel said...

Both are lovely.

Lanie said...

Beautiful starts, Krista ... 'Ellenor' is such a pretty sampler. I really like the colors you are using ... gives it a slightly different look.
And I'm loving the variation of the 'Cherries' Waterlilies ... can't wait to see more of your N.Hinde!
Enjoy your weekend ... I plan to get some stitching done while watching the Oscars.

Aileen said...

Love the colours you're using in both your projects Krista-gorgeous. N.Hinde is a fun stitch isn't it? Enjoy yourself, you've already brightened my day : )

Cindy L said...

Krista, both are such beautiful starts. I have been enjoying the progress on Ellenor. Love the color and decision to stitch over two on N. Hinde.

Bethany said...

Both pieces are coming along nicely. How large will Hinde be with the change? The color you chose is very lovely.

Serena B said...

Krista,very lovely choices for new starts! Loved your SDW,looking forward to your progress updates.