Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Snow Day = A Little Progress


Good Evening Everyone,

Yes, another snow day in Eastern PA – my office was closed, so I spent my day stitching, cooking, reading and napping.  Some of my most favorite things.  Thanks to the day off work, I was able to make a little bit of progress on both my samplers.  First up:  Elizabeth Mitchell.  The left side border is complete and part of the top border.  I took a break from the border to stitch a couple of motifs just under the upper left hand corner – am loving this sampler so much (wish the pale green silk thread would show up a bit more.



The flower above is really a brown colour…not the gold that is showing in the photo.

Next up, my re-start on N. Hinde:

 


Since this picture was taken I’ve started the next line and stitched the “N, O, P Q, R, S, T, U.”  This is a quick stitch and I hope to finish it for the challenge.

Well, tomorrow is back to work…but then Wednesday I fly to NC for a long girls’ weekend.  So excited…can’t wait!

Hope everyone is warm and enjoying some stitching time.

5 comments:

Lanie said...

Hi Vera! 'Elizabeth Mitchell' is a lovely sampler ... enjoy!
Be safe out there ... we missed the Sunday/Monday storm but are preparing for one Tuesday/Wednesday and then another this weekend!
Have a fabulous trip to NC ... Hope the weather cooperates!

Krista said...

Lots of great progress! I am sure you can finish it for the challenge end!

Bethany said...

You just never know, another snow day, looks like it might be right around the corner....... If not, maybe you'll be stitching with the girls in NC.

Nicola said...

After your last post I had reason to stitch some lettering on 32ct and was amazed at how much larger the letters looked.

I am sorry that you have snow but at least this gives you guilt free stitching during the day.

Cindy L said...

Vera, both samplers are so lovely. I am so glad to have the day scheduled off because we are already at 7 inches of snow this morning so far. Planning on stitching the day away!