Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 2 February 2014

Sarah Ann Downend



I saw this sampler and thought what a wonderful gift it would make for a beloved parent(s) with the verse besides being such a visual pleasing sampler.

This has gone onto my next order, it will be a unique Mother or Father's day gift. My Mother celebrates her 80th birthday next year, I think I have found that special present for her.

My "baby" sister who knows me well sent me a link to this -


Funnily enough I agree with it except for the dress, lipstick and powder, I even have wet wipes next to me so I can wipe my hands periodically - should I be worried ?

9 comments:

Kevin said...

Oh Nicola, this one is a wonderful gift for your mother. I know she'll love this. I just may have to get this one for my mom as well. I love the colors, and I'm a sucker for these samplers with birds in them. That little advice column from the Singer Sewing Machine is hysterical!

Krista said...

A lovely tribute sampler. I think nowadays most of us make time for needlework first and then housework later!

Elizabeth said...

Nicola - your mum would be thrilled to receive this - what a wonderful gift. I love the advice lol!

Bethany said...

I am off to spend time with my mother, in February. I thank God every day, that I still have this time with her and I don't have to share.....

Oh.... How times have changed, but I still get my chores finished before I sit down.

Margaret said...

I love this one! Great idea for one's parent.

Escargopotte bordados said...

I lovely samplers ! Great idea !

donnacrafts said...

I really like that sampler. I never noticed it before.. That is to funny about keeping your hair done and lipstick on...shhh I always try to look nice for my husband, even when I am stitching, cleaning or cooking. I really am old fashioned.

Debbie Bauer said...

Oh my, this would be the perfect tribute to your mom! I always have my chores done or I could not concentrate. But as for looking good - I usually stitch in the evening after supper and a shower so... in my flannel pj's I only look warm and cozy.

Vera said...

Beautiful sampler -- love it. What funny advice from the "olden days." I'm with Krista -- making time for my stitching before the chores - lol.