Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

My second SL project

Last week or so I started my second Scarlet Letter project - Susan Singleton. When I started stitching I remembered immediately why I chose this sampler. It has such vibrant and bright colours that it's a pleasure to stitch with them. Here is my start:



I chose a 40 ct Newcastle linen from Zweigart and stitch with DMC threads. I'm not sure if the 40 ct was a wise choice because there is a section which has to be stitched over one. Now, over one on 40 ct will certainly be a big challenge for me. But until then I'll enjoy stitching this sampler.

9 comments:

Lanie said...

Ohhhh Bridget ... look at the colors on that flower! ... beautiful! I love this sampler. She looks like she will be enjoyable to stitch ... even the over one sections ;)
I'll be watching your progress!

Krista said...

A pretty start!

Bethany said...

What a beautiful sampler this is. So bright and colorful. You won't get bored with this one.

Erica near Chicago said...

Glorious colors!

Cindy L said...

Just love those bright colors. It looks like such an enjoyable stitch.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

This one is so very pretty! I've added it to the ever growing list of SL I'd like to stitch someday.

Jonette said...

I am stitching this also. I love the colors. Happy stitching!

Nicola said...

A wonderful choice. I too love the colours, so vibrant and full of life.

Perfect for stitching in the winter to brighten your day.

Jenny said...

This one has always been on my list to stitch...the colors just make me smile! It will be fun to watch your progress!