Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 10 February 2014

Mary Ogleed



I have found another sampler that made me stop, study and sigh over. Can you see the little stumpwork apples.

I understand that the kit comes with round wooden beads with instructions for crocheting around them, then attaching them to the tree.

What a lovely sampler to stitch as an introduction to stumpwork. 

I also loved the little modesty fig leaf for Eve in detached buttonhole - but why hasn't Adam got one too?


8 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like you are off and running again. I can't wait to see what stitching you choose this coming year... Lovely little piece. There is an Adam and Eve on the cover of SANQ, Fall 2000. I always thought this one was so different and challanging. So many samplers, so little time.

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, this is wonderful!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Exactly Bethany.
I can't believe I don't already have this sampler in my collection...

Lelia said...

Adam+Eve & Alphabet .... yep, a great project ; )

Vera said...

Oh my gosh - gorgeous!!!

brod'attitude said...

I love it. The stumpwork is very nice

Debbie Bauer said...

Very unusual sampler! Don't know if its something I would stitch though. Appears to be quite a little challenging sampler.

Aileen said...

Heehee....doesn't it have the most amazing character and charm? A truly delightful little artwork.

BTW I think Adam needs a fig leaf too Nicola :)