Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 3 February 2014

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

When I last shared my progress here I forgot to include the picture I took of the overall sampler so I thought I'd share it today along with the two additional blocks I've finished.


I'm finally past the halfway point and can see the end is finally in sight!  I still am in awe that I've put in that many stitches!  There have been times when I wondered if I'd ever get this far.

Progress as of 12/23/13

This is where I was when we last visited.  Actually, I'd started the next row's boxes and hadn't finished them yet.

Progress as of 1/20/14
"O is for Owl"

Progress as of 2/1/14
"P is for Parrot"


Here is a closer look at the two recent additions to the sampler!  "O is for Owl" and "P is for Parrot."  I'm now halfway through this row and soon will be ready to add the next to the last row. That is just so exciting.  Can you believe it?!  Only two more rows to go!

There have been times I doubted I'd ever get this far on this sampler and then there have been times when I hated to put it down.  I don't think I'll have it done in time for Nicola's special day but I intend to keep plugging away at it until it is done!  Wish me luck!  Thank you for letting me share today.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

15 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Fabulous stitching - you should be so proud of what you have done so far. This design is now on my wishlist.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Aww...thanks, Kaisievic!

Krista said...

Awesome progress!!

Jenny said...

You are making great progress! This sampler has become a favorite of mine and I really enjoy watching you stitch this.

brod'attitude said...

Congratulations for your progress, in few days I will show my own progress on this sampler. I have stiched only the first block, but your sampler is an example for me.

Kevin said...

Great progress! Your stitching is beautiful. Really love that owl and the parrot. You inspired me to buy this kit, and I love seeing your progress.

Lanie said...

Fabulous! I love looking forward to your next 'blocks' ... each one charming!

Bethany said...

I just love the Parrot block, the colors just pop..... Two more, but who's counting.....

Vera said...

This is so gorgeous. Love all the colors. What blue are you using for the background? I have the sun & moon patterns and am thinking that blue would be perfect!! You've made wonderful progress...looking forward to the rest of the blocks.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Vera, the blue is an AVAS that came in the kit. I don't have the exact number with me right now.

Kielrain said...

Great progress. I have loved seeing the updates on this one.

Theresa said...

Your Hornbook sampler is looking great. I really want to do this one someday! Like you I will probably not have a finish on my Sarah Limah by the deadline but am enjoying the journey regardless!

Erica near Chicago said...

I very much enjoy seeing your progress. I love the colors. "There have been times I doubted I'd ever get this far on this sampler and then there have been times when I hated to put it down" sounds so very familiar. I too won't have a new finish by the deadline.

Nicola said...

This is an amazing project and I can understand your comment about love and hate. It is stunning and will be well worth all the effort you have put into it.

Cindy L said...

Your sampler is gorgeous! I never really paid it any attention until you brought it to life. I just love your updates.