Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Ellenor Wykcs


Rachel went to the framers today and I started Ellenor Wykcs tonight as part of a SAL. 

After seeing Barbara H's finish of EK I have decided to stitch her too alongside (literally). I had the perfect cut of fabric to stitch both on. With a three each margin allowance for each sampler the width of linen required was 27" and the one I had was 28" - perfect.

After looking at this photo I am not too happy how the lemon satin stitchers are sitting on band 1 so will unpick them tomorrow.

It is an awful night with a gale force storm battering Trewoon. This evening we have had a power cut and thunder and lightening. I suspect we will have another tree down by the morning.

7 comments:

donnacrafts said...

Be safe Nicola. I do hope the storm passes quickly with no further damage. I love your start on EW. The colors are lovely.

Jenny said...

Another beautiful start, Nicola! I hope you are safe through this next batch of storms.

Krista said...

Nice start on Ellenor. The satin stitches look pretty in the photo. I hope you weather the storm with no further damage. Stay safe and warm!

Vera said...

Oh Nicola -- be safe!! Can't wait to see Rachel and your personalization...and lovely start on Ellenor. so pretty. You have the fastest needles I know of! We are expecting yet more snow and freezing rain over night. I booked a car to take me to the airport tomorrow so my husband (and I) don't need to drive...yes I am a wimp when it comes to this weather. Stay warm and stitch away!!

Lanie said...

Ohhh Nicola ... the colors look delish so far. What a fun plan to stitch two samplers side-by-side! As always, I'll be watching!
Hope you are safe from the storms.

Bethany said...

OH I hope not. I guess living in such a beautiful place, isn't always the Best. Please take care and Love Love Love your new start......

Cindy L said...

Nicola, you are such a speedy stitcher! Beautiful start on Eleanor. Stay safe.