Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Band 3 Ek 1653 and Louisa Earle


EK is moving along well although parts of this band was unpicked a few times. I am blaming it on House of Cards. I hardly ever watch TV but Ray and I enjoyed Season 1 of House of Cards so much that when Netflix released the whole of the second series on Friday we watched the every episode straight through. Lesson - Nicola you can listen and stitch but you cannot watch and stitch.


Whilst doing some admin for the Gallery I stopped and read the verse on Louisa Earle about Moles (!!) It took me straight back to my childhood and my Father's ongoing battle with mole hills in his garden. I have this one in my stash and think I will stitch it for him.

Whilst this an OOP chart and does not appear on the SL website after chatting to Marsha about Louisa today I understand that she does have a couple of charts left priced at $7.00 and one silk kit greatly reduced to $35.00. 

I am now going to switch stitching to Ellenor Wykcs and work on Band 2. This is where I left off.

 
She is so pretty. With the AVAS silks she glows and this band in particular is full of sunshine perfect for the dreary winter days.


 


7 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Really Like EK and Ellenor W. great job and as soon as I get some of my WIP's done I am going to get one of these. Keep up the great work.

Krista said...

Amazing work on EK. It will be such a treasure with the sentiment you are including! I have been wanting to watch House of Cards. I will be binging on it soon too!

Jenny said...

I really love both of these band samplers. They are so lovely....more to add to my stash :)

Lanie said...

Beautiful Nicola! I too want to join the 'House of Cards' party!
The mole sampler is too funny ... I should stitch for my husband ... they get the better of him at times.

Vera said...

Love both your samplers Nicola - just gorgeous. The mole one is too funny -- my Dad would have enjoyed that one!

Bethany said...

Love your frame choice. By the way, I little birdie told me you have a birthday coming. Let me be one of the first to wish you Happy Birthday.

Cindy L said...

Absolutely gorgeous stitching! Do you use a computer program to set up your personalization? I'm just in awe of all the amazing needlework you do.

My husband and I also like to see a program one episode after another when we have the time.