Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Band 2 - EK 1653


After a long day of baby sitting I didn't think I had the energy to stitch tonight but I just had to put in the last line of the second verse - so here is EK's second band finished. I am finding this a very enjoyable stitch. 

I decided to go with the lighter blue for the flowers on the top and bottom run of this band rather than the darker blue which I have used for the verse.

I contacted the supplier of the fluffy AVAS 1715 and they refunded me without the need for sending back the two skeins. I was very impressed with their customer service.

The weather in the UK has not improved and I feel very sorry for those who's homes are flooded. We continue to be battered by high winds and rain and the forecast for the next few days shows no improvement.

I am  now going to focus on finishing band 1 of Ellenor Wycks. There are now nine of us SAL'ing on Ellenor so expect to see lots of photos - she is a beauty.


8 comments:

Krista said...

Wow! Lots of beautiful progress. Love how you are incorporating the poem. So very creative!

Vera said...

Beautiful Nicola -- you are speeding along with this one. Love the verse.

Stitch Wizard said...

This is really so pretty Nicola and I love these colors!! It is amazing you even find the energy to stitch with all you have had going on!! Beautiful!

Jenny said...

Oh how your needles fly! This sampler is so beautiful...love the colors and the verse.

Cindy L said...

I just love the way you added your special verse! The colors are beautiful.

Bethany said...

How fortunate to have three sisters. Brothers are nice, but not the same.... Looking forward to seeing your group stitch Ellenor..

Debbie Bauer said...

She is going to be beautiful! I am a fan of personalization. Your verse is very touching. Two samplers at the same time- wow!

Cheryl Matzker said...

I am looking very forward to doing this one myself. I have already started studying the graph as I do with everything I stitch.

I tend to gravitate to samplers with a little bit of complexity because I think it is important to learn new things and prove to myself that I can do it.

Samplers like EK are so colorful and interesting. I would think it would be hard to get bored with this one as you put in color after color and it comes to life.

I love also how stitchers aren't afraid to add their own touches and really love the verse you are doing on this. I think the original stitcher would love it as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.