And, Happy Weekend! Whew this has been a beast of a week. I am so happy to be at the end of it.
When I last posted, I showed pics of my two new starts. Well, one of them has been re=started. N. Hinde was not working out as planned. The fabric I was using had a huge slub in it (and many smaller ones as well). I had tried to fix it but was unable to pick it out and re-weave the linen thread, was unable to un-pick the large clump that appeared, etc. So, I decided to just stitch over it. It occurred at the letter “T.” I continued on through the letter “z,” but each time I picked it up it became uglier and uglier to me. Finally late last night I decided to bag it and just start over with a fresh piece of linen. As it turns out, what I had been stitching on had been labeled 40 count, but apparently it was not! I am now stitching it (over one) on 40 count and it is noticeably smaller than what I had been stitching. It’s a bear on my eyes, but I do love the way it looks.
Here’s a photo of the new start (stark white which I am really enjoying for a change) and then a shot of the new start with the old one underneath it – you can see the difference in size.
Not sure how much will get done this weekend – lots of chores to get done and general running around (plus a pedicure and manicure – woo-hoo!!). Next week I fly out to North Carolina on Wednesday for a long girls’ weekend with my best friend. Massages are booked, shopping is planned and we plan to meet up with Chris (http://totstitch.blogspot.com/) and Myra (http://gr8damesplace.blogspot.com/) for dinner one night (hi girls). Can’t wait!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!