Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 3 February 2014

A Post for Martha S - A New Start





After spending a week ripping out 3 times a dove on Country Life, I came to the realization that my cataracts were causing the problem.  I decided that I could no longer  work on higher count linen for the time being.  I found on SL Harriet Brouard and she was stitched on 30 ct.  I always thought this was a pretty sampler. I had tried different size magnifying glasses and they didn't work so I bought a magnifying floor lamp and this has been a big help.  I'm back to stitching only for shorter periods.
Even though this past year I didn't complete a sampler, I have enjoyed so much this blog and seeing what other people are doing.  You think you have seen and recognize all of SL charts, one always shows up that you don't recognize.

Wishing everyone happy, healthy stitching 2014.

Martha S.

10 comments:

Nicola said...

I feel for you Martha. There are so many I want to stitch but without our eyesight .....

Harriet is stunning, the warmth of the colours is so appealing.

Jonette said...

I too had cataracts and had trouble stitching. I had surgery on both eyes a little over a year ago and have even stitched on 40 count since then.

donnacrafts said...

Martha, I really like this sampler. Thanks for posting. I look forward to your progress.

Donna

Debbie Bauer said...

How did they ever manage back then without lamps, magnifying lights &glasses ? Harriet is a beautiful sampler. Love it as your alternate choice.

Debbie Bauer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Beautiful start! This is another sampler I don't remember seeing...but she is just lovely. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

~mj~ said...

Speaking of samplers I haven`t seen before, how did I miss this little Scottish lassie? It`s gorgeous!!

I don`t have cataracts but I can sympathize with your eyes not liking higher count...my eyes are not what they used to be either. How long til you can get the cataracts removed?

Bethany said...

I hope you can get back to CL. The border on Harriet is amazing. Glad this one is working better for you.

Vera said...

Oh no! Yet another sampler that I do not recall seeing previously. Love the border on this one -- so different, and the colors are fabulous. I understand your problems with higher counts...my eyes don't see as well as used to, that's for sure!

Cindy L said...

The border is so beautiful! I'll have to look at this sampler again. I think we are all with you on praying our eyesight will continue to allow us to enjoy our stitching.