Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 15 February 2014

A New SL Start in Honor of the Sochi Games

Am I the only one who uses any special event or holiday as justification to start a new project? In honor of the Winter Olympics in Sochi I decided to start Susan Singleton. Susan is being stitched on 40 ct. Vintage Chantilly Creme Lakeside linen with AVAS silks.


Before the start of the Games I made a bit more progress on PLL.


My framer called earlier this week to let me know Emma Miles had been framed and was ready to be picked-up. I couldn't be happier with my choice of moulding and fillet for Emma.



12 comments:

Michele Hebson said...

That frame so suit the Emma sampler so perfectly. Well done. Your other pieces are coming all fantastically too.

Jenny said...

Lovely stitching and Emma looks just beautiful in her frame!

Erica near Chicago said...


A very nice framing job. Congratulations!

Faye said...

It is SO good to see you back posting!!! I smile every single time I see something posted by you~ Emma has a gorgeous frame for sure.... I love the filigree. And, Susan is a great Sochi start.... Love that Apple tree! Happy stitching.. Stay warm~

Cristina said...

Beautiful pieces. I love your samplers.

Bethany said...

What an different array of stitching. Love your choice of frame and and fillet for Emma.

Lanie said...

Beautiful stitching, Laurie ... you have a couple of fun pieces started!
'Emma Mills' is lovely ... the moulding you selected is perfect for her. It is amazing how adding a fillet can be the perfect finishing touch!

Vera said...

Gorgeous stitching Laurie. PLL is such a fun (but long -- at least for me) stitch. The frame for Emma is perfect -- looks beautiful.

Chris said...

Emma looks amazing in her frame! Perfection.
Your other 2 projects are looking great too!

Chris said...

Emma looks amazing in her frame! Perfection.
Your other 2 projects are looking great too!

Nicola said...

I have enjoyed studying all Emma's wonderful detail. Your stitching is always exquisite. Susan is such a happy sampler to be stitching in the dreary winter months.

Thank you for sharing Laurie.

Cindy L said...

Laurie, Emma's frame enhances her beauty. I enjoy seeing your samplers...such gorgeous stitching.